Chapters 19 - The Devil and demons

Akshit's Pov

Threatening her wasn't my intention, getting answers from her was. But, i doubt I have ever had control over myself infront of her. She always triggers me to do something i would regret later. She is like the breeze during the storm that you may enjoy but is dangerous. Whatever I said was true. She owes me. She owes me for the danger that's lurking near. She owes me for my forceful return to India. She owes me my attention that she always attracts no matter what. I can't think rationally. I am not thinking rationally.

I sat on my bed for hours. Sleep nowhere to be found. I switch on my phone which was on charge. Several notifications pops up on the screen including 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴. I open up.
𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 : Don't ever threaten me like that.
We will see that later.
𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫: And remember YOU ARE A COWARD.
𝐌𝐞 : Whatever lets you to sleep at night, peacefully, 𝑺𝒖𝒏𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓.
I thought she won't reply. I thought right. She didn't.

I was switching off the phone once again to sleep, when another notification notification popped up. It wasn't her. An unknown number.
𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 : Drop the case. Or Else you will pay. Your family will too.
Well I expected that but no so fast. Let's see.
𝐌𝐞 : Which case are you talking about? I handle many cases in a day buddy.
𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 : You know which case it is, very well. Stop bullshiting and do as we say.
𝐌𝐞 : Who is this we?
𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 : None of your buisness.
𝐌𝐞 : Then, my cases are none of your buisness.
𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 : We know who you are. And we know what you have been upto for the last six years. So better listen to us.
Now we are talking.
𝐌𝐞 : Goodnight buddy. Have a great court day tommorow.

With that I switch off my phone and lay down on my bed. I have all my things straight up arranged but I doubt it will go like that. I need sleep and my mind on the right thing rather then chasing a woman who hates me because I hate her.

Tiara's Pov

I cry myself to sleep. It's all because of him. Because of the devil. Every memory of my past that I tried my best to erase all this years, haunted me back. Now it feels like once again, I live under the same roof with those memories. I can't. I need to leave. I will go for apartment hunting today onwards. I won't, I won't let him get under my skin and see my scars that I hide my best.

I get ready for the office. But i really don't want to go. Shruti checked on me before she got into shower. Suddenly a notification came up. Happiness washed over me. A notification of a certain website. I always wanted a car and now that I can afford one, I was looking for one. Something I would own by my own money.

I was going through the website when Shri barge in and looks over my phone and says, "I was wondering what else except me was making my bestfriend happy hmmmm." I laugh and then make her watch the cars I have interest on. I say, happiness and pride coating my words, "I will buy one soon and by my own." She smiled and started, "Great and I am happy for you but now, tu meri sherni pe chal, uska Jo maja hai na wo kisi gaddi me kaha (Let's go on my sherni, the charm that it have, cannot be found in a car.)(Refering to her scooty.) I laughed and she kept on smiling. "Not today but soon. I miss sherni too," I said laughing and smiling. She manages to make me smile at my worst, always.

We will be leaving together, on rickshaw or cab not her scooty. Everyone was at the breakfast table except the devil himself. Before leaving for office I urged Shri to go with me to mandir. After mandir darshan we separately go for our work. I decided to start apartment hunting online. I will visit the apartments on Sunday after the workshop. I don't intend to let Shri know, yet.