Chapter 27 - It's a Yes

Tiara's Pov

The antakshari ended after a while when most of us got bored with it. Suddenly suchi sits in between me and Shruti and asks me, "Will you teach me dancing?" I was dumbfounded. First by her request and then by how confidently she asked, almost as if ordering me to. I chuckle and smile at her and reply, "Why not? But before that tell me your name. She frowns and then replies, "Suchika Arora. And what's your name?" This little girl had more confidence then me. My smile grows bigger and I reply, "Tiara Sharma." She studies me for a second and replies, "So what should I call you? Tiara ma'am?"

I laugh at her response but before I could respond, Akshit interjects with, "No. You can call her mani like the way you call Shruti maasi Shri Mani. She is one of us suchi." My eyes widen for a moment but soon get locked with his eyes. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘶𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩𝘪. The words struck on my heart. We stay like that for a moment until suchi interrupts us with, "So she is like your sister Mamu?" My eyes lands on her immediately and my cheeks burn hot. Shruti, megha dii, Arjun jiju, Nitya bhabi and everyone else except elders, present there, laughs out loud.

Akshit looks shocked but he replies with hurry, "No no not like that. Okay it's better you call her something else." He looks towards me. Suchi looks between us. I look towards her and reply, "You can call me Tiu, okay suchi?" She frowns once again and says, "You are elder then me na?" Shruti chimes in and says, "It's okay suchi. That's like a nickname and she gave you the permission to call her that. Otherwise mamu will have a heart attack now." Akshit glares towards her while she laughs with others. Suchi smiles and says, "Okay Tiu." With that she sits on my lap. Such a cutie.

She then asks, "Mumma can we stay please? I want to learn dance from Tiu." Megha dii shooks her head and replies with a no. Suchi makes a face and pleads. Akshit and Shruti insists megha dii too. After a lot of pleading and no's she asks Arjun jiju if he wants to stay, to which he replies, "Whatever you want." Everyone insists megha dii altogether. Atlast She says, "Okay okay but after we visit maa baba. Okay suchi? After you visit Nani and Nana we can come here." She cheer with a big 'yes' and hugs me. I was taken aback by the gesture but I hugged her back. My eyes tear up but somehow I managed to smile and contain it.

Everyone else was cheering too when Shruti shifts closer to me and says, "Suchi doesn't warm up to anybody in such a little time. It's really surprising but I get it. You know she hates bua even and says 'She is like the evil queen'," we both laugh at that and then she smiles at me and hugs me. What is happening today? Everyone wants to make me cry. I hug her back. After a while we all return to our rooms to get fresh and clean and join the lunch later. Nitya bhabi and Dhruv bhaiyya leaves as they have to go somewhere.

Megha dii decides to clean up in my room as khushi decides to be with Shruti. I ask her to get cleaned up first while I wait and remove my earrings. My hairs were messing up with my earrings. I was struggling when someone knocks on the door. I glance around the door to find Akshit leaning into it. He asks, "Do you need any help?" A whirlwind takes place in my stomach. What's that called? Yes, butterflies erupting in the stomach. He walks toward me with slow moves and I am a mess. He kneels and helps me with my earrings while smiling. How I am not a puddle in the ground yet. My heart starts beating fast.

He struggles with the earrings too but he is too careful to not hurt me and gracefully calm. The control this man has. I am still but not uncomfortable. I don't help him but I also don't want to mess this up anymore. My eyes were on his face when he frowns, fumbling with the earrings. I chuckle. He stops for a second and looks toward me and smiles. He resumes with my earrings. Finally one gets off my ear and my hair, thankfully.

He turns to the other side when megha dii returns from the bathroom saying, "What is going on? I shouldn't be here or what?" Akshit causally removes his hands and sit up, calmly while I panic and hurriedly look back. He replies, "I was just helping her with her earrings. It's upto you if you should be here or not dii," while smirking. Megha dii smiles and says, "Have some shame, you shameless." He smiles but soon recovers from that and says, "I was not stealing something so why should I be ashamed of this." I glare at him and signs him to shut up. Megha dii laughs and he says, "Wow. Jiske liye chori Karo wo hi bole chor(The one for whom you steal is the one who calls you a thief)" Megha dii leaves while laughing at us and I was sitting there dumbfounded.