Chapter 7 - Weekend

Tiara's Pov

After a week free from Akshit's interruptions, I finally found peace. However, his thoughtful purchase for me continued to occupy my mind and irritated me. Determined to distract myself, I decided to visit Shruti for a gossip session over the weekend. Approaching her room, I noticed the door slightly ajar. Without bothering to knock, I entered, welcomed by Shruti's beautiful rendition of "Piya tose naina lage re."

Enthralled by her melodious voice, I joined her in the room, unable to resist praising her angelic talent. Amidst our laughter, I inquired about her music practice, and she shared her dedication. Curiosity led her to ask about my dance practices, catching me off guard. Admitting to my own practice, she insisted, "Please, don't ever stop doing this, okay? I know it means a lot to you." I playfully agreed, saluting and exclaiming, "Yes, yes, as you command! And you will never stop singing because i know how much it means to you." She nodded agreeing.

In the midst of our banters and gossips, I mentioned the dilemma of a dance workshop, explaining my initial excitement and subsequent uncertainty. Encouragingly, Shruti persuaded me, "Why won't you go? You'll definitely go, you get it?" Chuckling, I agreed, "Yes, yes, my dear, as you command."

As our laughter echoed, I broached the topic of planning a weekend outing. However, Shruti dropped the bombshell that she already had plans with Abhi. Despite my disappointment, I expressed concerns about their frequent squabbles. Shruti reassured me, and with the day's outing postponed, I insisted on spending time together the next day.

Preparing to leave, I playfully urged her to go be with her beloved boyfriend, leaving the room filled with laughter and the warmth of our friendship. Returning to my room, I immersed myself in work until Kiara's unexpected call disrupted the quietness. Greeted cheerfully and exchanging information about our well being, I soon realized the real agenda - a call from Mom awaited me.

Despite anxiety creeping in, I teased Kiara about her confidential intentions. She chuckled and handed the phone to my Mother. Mom's warm voice inquired about my well-being until she introduced the twist - attending my cousin sister's wedding, plans already in motion.

Fumbling for a way out, I hesitated, citing the demands of my bustling schedule and the commitments to my current work. Yet, Mom, undeterred, invoked the timeless question of societal judgment - "log kya kahenge?(what will people say?)" Slightly irritated, I retorted with a nonchalant "mujhe kya pata(how would I know?)", prompting a whispered laughter from Kiara and almost breaking into a chuckle myself.

Trying to stand my ground, I firmly conveyed that I couldn't make it due to my professional obligations. Mom, however, seamlessly transitioned into the emotional plea, questioning the choices I had made - pursuing education out of state and establishing a career far from the familial embrace.

Feeling the tug of emotional strings, I snapped, urging her not to burden me with misplaced guilt for the paths I had chosen.

Frustrated with the conversation, I requested to speak with Kiara again, ending the call after some lighthearted banter with my sister. The exchange left me reflecting on the complexities of family expectations, the push and pull between personal and professional commitments, and the challenges of balancing it all.

Akshit's Pov

The day unfolded with the demanding 'Ahuja&Sons' case, growing in intricacy by the hour. Conversations with Karan became essential as the seemingly straightforward fraud investigation turned into a meticulous challenge.

By the day's end, fatigue from dealing with the complicated case set in. Climbing the stairs to my room felt like a reminder of the intellectual exertion ahead. Spotting Tiara on the balcony, engrossed in a book, I realized it was the very book linked to the settled payment dispute-a quiet acknowledgment of a victorious resolution.