Chapter 11 - Tension

Akshit's Pov

As the time for our departure approached, I watched Shruti and Tiara make their way downstairs. My eyes settled on Tiara, and involuntarily, a soft "wow" escaped my lips. Yet, my resolve remained unshaken; to me, she was still just someone I would not prefer, not my type.

Tiara's remark, "I don't want to die," caught me off guard, igniting a flicker of annoyance within me. How could she question my driving skills like that? I shot her a sharp glare, feeling my frustration bubbling to the surface. And when Aarav, , sided with Tiara, my irritation only intensified. Determined to assert myself, I took charge, directing everyone to the car and declaring myself the driver, assuring them that they would be safe under my watch.

Visiting Dhruv's house and exchanging pleasantries with him was good, but when Dhruv unexpectedly praised Tiara, I found myself taken aback. It was as if his words struck a chord within me, stirring emotions I couldn't quite comprehend. He trusted her with just few meetups. I tried to brush it off, convincing myself that her praise meant nothing to me.

Yet, as Dhruv spoke fondly of Nitya, I couldn't help but ponder the pride of the Yadav boys. However, I swiftly pushed aside any thoughts of being similarly affected; such vulnerability was not for me.

During the ride to the temple, I found myself enjoying the new company of Nitya bhabi, no wonder the man is whipped. She is as kind as my mother. Upon arriving at the temple and seeing Tiara's struggle with the temple bell grated on my nerves. It seemed she was determined to conquer it, regardless of the obstacles. I couldn't understand why she felt the need to prove herself in every situation. Without second thought, i murmured and basically blurted out, "Not everything had to be a competition." She couldn't figure it out to my relaxation.

As Tiara persisted, my impatience grew, and in a moment of frustration, I took matters into my own hands. I swiftly lifted her, allowing her to reach the bell, she was looking at me with disbelief in her wide eyes, and i urged her to ring the bell. A current goes through me. I didn't expected myself to do that. I can't stand her anymore, it felt like I burned my hands. Touching her was a far-off possibility when I couldn't even imagine being close to her. Afterward, I gently set her down went past her, rang the bell and made my way toward Aarav and Dhruv. Despite the teasing from Aarav and Dhruv, which raised a reluctant chuckle from me, I couldn't shake the unsettling feeling.

As the elder's went towards the pond, we followed too. To my dismay, I noticed Tiara already seated there, seemingly lost in the tranquility, her hand gliding through the water's surface. Slowly, I descended the stairs, keeping a considerable distance from her.

Suddenly, Tiara rose from her seat, and in her attempt to stand, she lost her balance. Without a second thought, my reflexes kicked in, and I reached out to grasp her hand, preventing her from falling. Panic coursed through me as I held onto her tightly, fearing she might get hurt.

"I don't want you to blame on me for your fall," I uttered before she thinks otherwise, my voice laden with masked irritation. Most probably I was fooling myself, but it worked anyway. Tiara shot me a glance, her eyes flashing with intensity. "That was just an accident," she retorted, her tone defensive.

Frustration bubbled within me as I replied . "Which you will turn into a pre planned thing." "Why are you overreacting?" she countered, her tone dismissive. Still, I couldn't shake off the uneasiness in me. "Who knows," I muttered, a trace of uncertainty creeping into my voice. Tiara's response only fueled my frustration. "You know what," she exclaimed, her words dripping with irritation, "it's just a waste of time talking to you."

Her departure was marked by an air of aggression. However, fate had other plans as Tiara nearly slipped once more on the wet stairs. Reacting instinctively, I reached out, grasping her hand firmly to prevent her from falling again.