Chapter 22 - Ignorance

Akshit's Pov

Getting a compliment from her was the last thing I expected. It stirred up a rollercoaster of emotions in me-shock, happiness, and everything in between. But I tried not to show too much expression as I walked out with Rony to my car. While driving, Rony kept giggling and staring at me, so I asked, "What's your problem? Why are you looking at me like that?" Rony replied, "You're red like a tomato." I defended myself, saying, "No, absolutely not." But Rony insisted, "Yes actually." To change the topic, I mentioned, "Maybe it's because of the hot weather," and started checking the mirror, ignoring his questions and reactions, I knew he would keep pondering. But why was I blushing? What was wrong with me? Ugh, her compliment-I liked it. Okay, I liked it, nothing else. A man would love to be complimented.

Soon, we reached the club, but I wasn't in the mood to enjoy. Aarav also arrived, and both Aarav and Rony were chatting and having fun, but I just wasn't feeling it. Thoughts of Tiara were swirling in my head-her compliment and everything. So, I decided to drop her a text to confirm if she really meant that. I messaged her,

𝐌𝐞: Ekdum Krishna lage che? (You really think I was looking good?)

Immediately, her reply came,

𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫: Nah, bilkul dhobi lage che (No,you were looking like a washerman.)

What? What's with her? First, she compliments me, and then in the next second, she takes it back. How can this girl be so annoying. So, I replied with the same tone, texting her,

𝐌𝐞: Huh, well you are not a fairy as well. So it's fine.

After sending the message, I kept waiting for her reply, but no, she hadn't even read the text.

Suddenly, Aarav popped up and asked, "Hey, why are you glued to your phone? What's the treasure there?" I brushed it off, saying, "No, nothing like that," and dodged his other questions. After a pause, he teased, "Do you want to go home? Maybe you want to talk to someone," I raised an eyebrow, asking, "Meaning?" He chuckled, "People nowadays think you're like Krishna, but alas, they don't know you're Kans uncle." I glanced at Rony and glared, "Can't hold anything in your stomach, can you?" Rony retorted, "What? This wasn't something to store in my stomach." Frustrated, I sighed and checked my phone again, but still no reply from her.

After sitting for a few minutes, I told Aarav I was leaving for home. Rony questioned why I was leaving so early, but I insisted, "You come with Aarav, I'm going home." He protested, "How will I enter the house then?" I shot back, "Better sleep on the road, that will suit you." Rony refused, saying, "How can i sleep on the road without my best brother by my side?" I am tired, I can't do this with this asshole. I sighed and told, "You stay with Aarav for today." Rony objected, "Nope, nope, Aarav won't like it. The guy is secretive, you know." Aarav shot him a glare. Oh-kay. "Okay, I'm going now," I said. Rony tagged along, saying, "Uh, okay, I'm also coming with you. You are really a buzzkill." Then, I asked Aarav if he'd go home now. He replied, "I'll stay for a few more minutes, then I'll go." "Okay, just go home early," I advised with concern.

Rony and I headed to our car. During the ride, I checked my phone for her reply, while Rony giggled like an idiot, staring at me. Ignoring him, I noticed she read my text but didn't reply. "Wow, Miss Tantrums," I muttered. Keeping my phone aside, I focused on driving and reached home, as usual, at midnight.

As we entered the house, I noticed Rony heading towards Tiara's room. Irritated, I asked, "Where are you going?" He replied, "In my room, where else?" Then it struck me, his room was right next to Tiara's. I couldn't help but wonder why Mom had to give him that room, like seriously.