Chapter 24 - Silent Claim

Tiara's Pov

"Do you feel the same attraction I feel towards you, 𝑆𝑢𝑛𝑓𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟?" The question swooshed away my breath. The breathe I took minutes ago didn't help me. My brain is a blank sheet, screaming only one answer to the question, so I choose to. "Yes." It was a breathless answer. Admitting the truth felt like a relief but the calculative and protective part of my brain was not really happy with my action. Fuck it. It's not a code to crack or a software to rebuild. It was my emotions, even if I know it will harm me and fade away, 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦.

He kept his gaze steady on me even after my confession. Something akin to shock and something else passed through his eyes only for a second. That's it, for a second. His hands grazed my hands that were by my side, still. And then it moved towards my hips and stayed there, holding me steady with a tight grip with both of the muscular hands. I gasped. The sudden contact was intimate yet I felt safe. I know he won't harm me or do anything without my consent.

His mouth came near my ears and he whispered, "And what about my touch, 𝑆𝑢𝑛𝑓𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟? Do you like it?" One more gasp left me. What is wrong with me? I don't know. This is the first time he is touching me. My hands now moved to his shoulders because my traitor legs were not supporting me enough. He was now pulling away a little to look at me. His eyes were on me. The brown ones were now dark black. Or suddenly I became colour blind. My breathing slowed. I definitely have breathing issues. I know that look. That is a 'the questions swirling and trying to look through me' look. I set my eyes and decide not give away. Neither the answers nor myself.

He saw the determination in me. His hands stays on my hip with that death grip while his eyes blazing with a challenge. A challenge to get more. His next question were a proof of that. "Do you hate me, 𝑆𝑢𝑛𝑓𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟?" Yes. I couldn't hold the question in me, "Do you hate me?" His answer was immediate, "Yes. I hate you for making me feel like this. I guess I hate myself too." Disappointment and relief washed over me at the same time. Well we are even.

His next questions though challenges me more. "Do you like me, 𝑆𝑢𝑛𝑓𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟? Will you choose me over your hate?" No. And I don't think he will even. I don't answer any of those questions. He can wait and I can think. My doubts and insecurities were now floating around the surface. Anytime it will drown me like the other times. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙤 𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡. 𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝙉𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪. My eyes were burning from the intensity of the memories. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘳𝘺. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘛𝘪𝘢𝘳𝘢.

I pushed back from the world and tried to shove Akshit's chest aside. It was almost like I was pushing a wall. He looked at me, his gaze soft on me. I can't take it anymore. "Let me go," I said with a firm voice. He did. For a moment I was shocked but I left anyways. He didn't question me further not even about my sudden change or reaction. He just let me go. I was grateful about it but I wished I could hug him. I don't know why I felt like hugging him but I did.

I headed towards the bathroom and washed my face. Two girls were talking about a new collection launched on some site i.e fashion. I looked into the mirror and saw the hair clip that had my name. Both the thing reminded me of Kiara. She custom made the clip online and gifted it to me on my 18th birthday. She was back home, altogether. Also she gets so excited about fashion that sometimes it suprises me. Now I want a hug from her. Wow! I am so sure that Akshit have some kind of magic on his hands. I hate hugs. I don't know why but It just feels too clingy, cheesy, etc. I rarely hugged people and by people it is mostly Shruti and Kiara.