4. Xander

I came out with a lighter and cleaner body. The dirt that clung to my body seemed to burden not only my body but also my mind because now my thoughts are much lighter. I started to think about what I should do tomorrow, for example, the plan to escape when I arrived at the new place that I had planned since last night, sounds bad now because the first place I visited was definitely my mother's house and the risk was too great.

A thick and soft bathrobe wrapped my body softer and warmer than all the clothes I had. So was the bed that looked like a soft cloud that I had seen in the sky. I almost closed my eyes when Lilith said something before she entered the bathroom.

"There was an envelope delivered earlier. They said it was standard data from the person we will meet tomorrow. Do you want to open it now or later? I haven't opened mine yet. Afraid."

Compared to that, I have something more important to ask. I propped up my upper body with both elbows and let my feet hang on the side of the bed. "Aren't you afraid of me?" Lilith looked at me confusedly. "Our skin colours are different. I'm... half Zorion." I've never uttered that name from my lips after learning the fact that he ran away. I hate him as much as I hate my skin colour.

Lilith just blinked her eyes that were no longer wet. "That's clear. You're too blue to be human."

"I'm half human too."

"Ah, no wonder you're not as big as Zorion who entered the room earlier." She smiled broadly. "Humans are scarier. Open it now?" She asked again. Her chin pointed to the envelope on the front table of our bed.

I nodded, receiving an envelope from Lilith. We both looked at each other and opened it on the third count.

We both fell silent. I didn't know what to do with the sweat the size of a corn kernel that suddenly appeared on my forehead. Even without a photo, I knew from the name written there. I feel like dying. No, no. Death would be better than continuing this marriage. I crumpled the sheet of paper until Lilith noticed and peered into my papers and then gasped.

"Xander. One of the Zorion generals on earth?" She then clapped her hands once, remembering something. "Hasn't he already had five brides-to-be and they're all missing?"

I gave Lilith a pleading look. "Not helpful at all."

The bad news about Xander that I've been hearing is running through my head. One of the generals who led after defeating the general who invaded earth. People say he's a cold-blooded killing machine because he's in his position at a young age. Although no one knows how old Zorion is compared to humans. The worst rumour I've heard about my condition now is that his bride-to-be disappeared and not one of them heard from them. Not just one, but five.

"But at least we're not leaving earth." Lilith handed me her sheet of paper.

"Zaran."

"A general from Zorion who is also here." With a nod of her head, Lilith confirmed my suspicion. But compared to before, she's more relaxed now.

"Aren't you scared anymore?"

"I thought a lot while you were taking a shower earlier. If we get facilities like this, I don't mind. I thought there would be a lot of torture, but our temporary residence is like this and according to the person who delivered this document, I hit the jackpot." Lilith sighed, "Anyway, I don't have any family left behind. There's no life before this that I'll miss."

"Then, why were you crying earlier?" "I was captured and thrown here when I was about to eat after two days of not eating. My bread was thrown away just like that. Who wouldn't cry? But earlier when they delivered this document, they also brought dinner for us." Lilith pointed to the food that I didn't notice. Meat with potatoes and vegetables, and there was cake and fruit too.

I couldn't say anything anymore because I lost an ally that I thought I had. Lilith is far more realistic.

Lilith opened the computer in our room. She tinkered with it and then showed me the screen. "Physically, Xander isn't bad either."

Blue skin with tattoos covering both arms to his chest. There is no photo with clothes covering every muscle and wound formed on the battlefield. There are wounds on the stomach, even crossing the right eyebrow and arms. From the photo alone, I could imagine my fear when I met him later.

I don't know what's wrong with the Zorions who seem to refuse to wear clothes, but everything on earth is similar to Xander. Some say temperature differences, some also say that on their planet wearing clothes is not a common thing.

I fell onto the bed. "No matter how handsome he is, five of his prospective brides disappeared. I might be the sixth."

"You could be the last one too." Lilith calmed me down only to drop me afterwards, "Or you could be made a slave who gives birth to his children continuously until he has a new military under him directly. The rumor is that's what happened to five other people: they became baby factories."

"Thanks for your moral support."

"We can do nothing else but accept this. It's better to enjoy it all. I once had a relationship with one Zorion, he was satisfactory both in size and stamina. Far greater than any man on earth." Lilith walked into the bathroom and disappeared behind the door after hitting his forearm as if giving a code while grinning.

I shuddered in horror if what Lilith was hinting at was the same as what was in my head.

With someone like Xander, can I negotiate to send money to Mom?

I ruffled my hair which was still half wet and pulled it a little to express my frustration.

**

Please vote and comment. Thank you