Chapter 10: Beginning of the end

The Culling Game (Rules)

1.After awakening a cursed technique, players must declare their participation in the culling game at a barrier of their choice within 19 days.
2.Any player who breaks the previous rule shall be subject to cursed technique removal.
3.Non-players who enter the barrier become players at the moment of entry and shall be considered to have declared participation in the culling game,
4.Players score points by ending the lives of other players
5.Points are determined by the game master and indicate the value of a player's life. As a general rule, sorcerers are worth 5 points and non-sorcerers are worth 1 point.
6.Excluding the point value of a player's own life, players may expend 100 points to negotiate with the game master to add one new rule to the culling game.
7.In accordance with the previous rule, the game master must accept any proposed new rule unless it has a marked and long-lasting effect on the culling game
8.If a player's score remains the same for 19 days, that player shall be subject to cursed technique removal.

Naoya sat with his father, Naobito, the former drinking tea while the latter drank some booze from a gourd, "Pfft I still can't believe your handicap now." The son chuckled looking where his father's right arm used to be. The older man scoffed, "Shut up brat, I can still kick your ass in a fight." The father argued making the young boy give him a closed eye smile. "Ya know father, I think it's time for me to take the position of new head." Naoya started which made his father chuckle, "Oi I'm still alive and I'm not planning on dying anytime soon." Naobito said finishing his booze and wiping his mouth with his sleeve. "Truth but as you are now, I believe you should step down and let your dear old son take over. Whether you like it or not." The son stated but before the old man could say anything blood started to drip down his nose as he started coughing out blood, "Wha-?" "Finally, it taking effect." Naoya cut his father off as he looked at his son shocked. "H-How?" he asked feeling himself getting weaker and weaker, "Since you like alcohol so much I decided to put some poison in your gourd." The young sorcerer explained with a smirk as his father fell to his side nearing death, Naoya called to the people outside as they rushed in and grabbed the clan head as they went to the doctors in the compound.

The next day Naoya was walking with an older woman behind him, "That girl Mai, is she around?" Naoya asked his escort who kept her face neutral, "Worry about the head of the clan right now. But I believe both her and Maki are still at Jujutsu High." The woman said, making the boy chuckle. "Maki may be pretty but she's unacceptable. She doesn't know how to support a man. Any woman who can't walk three steps behind a man should get stabbed in the back and die." The sorcerer said to which the woman kept quiet to, "In that respect, Mai is great. She's got the same face as Maki and is just as buxom. Though she acts tough, she knows she's a woman." The young man added as he slides the door open and entered a room where two older men were.

"You're late. What have you been doing? As we speak, your father is on deaths door." Ogi said while Jinichi said nothing, the younger on the three chuckled, "Sorry but it doesn't matter if I come or not because the next head of the Zenin clan is me. My older brothers are all losers and you, my uncle, haven't amounted to much despite being his little brother, his daughter is out of the question. As for Jinichi, well your face is no good, too bad you and Toki's places aren't reversed." Naoya said before dodging an uppercut from Jinichi which gave Ogi a chance to put his katana against the boy's neck, "Please, daddy's hovering at death's door. Why can't we all get along?" the young man asked with a smug smile.

"I see everyone is here. Master Naobito Zenin, the head of the Zenin clan has passed away." A short, old man said walking into the room, "I, Furudate, am in possession of his will. According to master Naobito's wishes, I am to read the will when Ogi, Jinichi and Naoya Zenin are all present." Furudate said as he sat on his knees on a pillow on the ground, "If there are no objections, I will now read the will. The 27th head of the Zenin clan is to be Naoya Zenin. Naoya is to inherit all assets, including the cursed tools stored in the Tokyo Prefectural Jujutsu High School and Zenin family cursed warehouse. Upon approval by either Ogi or Jinichi Zenin, Naoya may take over all duties." The old man explained making the young man click his tongue.