Chapter 13: Culling Game Part 3

Choso and the girl stared at each other waiting for one of them when the girl suddenly felt a weight on her back as arms wrapped around her neck, "Woah, are these real angel wings?" the girl glanced back to see Yuji looking at her wings in interest. The Inverted Spear of Heaven appeared in his hand as he put it against the girl's neck, "Makes me wonder, are you an enemy or a friend? Choose wisely." Yuji whispered the last part with a close eye smile. "Depends, are any one of you an incarnated sorcerer?" a mouth appeared on the girl's cheek and counter asked surprising the teen, "Hm mind putting us down next to my comrade? We can discuss this in a more, calm manner." The boy suggested getting a nod as they landed in front of Choso and Takaba. "Why don't we start with introductions, names Yuji Itadori and this is my brother Choso." Yuji introduced while spinning his weapon around, "Fumihiko Takaba!!" Takaba followed striking a weird pose with a big grin. The three looked at the girl waiting for her, "Hana Kurusu." She said after some seconds, "And you can refer to me as Angel." The mouth followed making the male's raise an eyebrow.

"We're too exposed here so let's move to my temporary base." Hana said as she started floating away, Choso and Yuji shared a look before sighing as they followed her to a fancy hotel, entering a 7/11 on the way to get some supplies. After settling in a hotel room, they took sits around the room with Yuji taking on near a window as he took out a packet of cigarettes causing his brother to look at him confused, "You smoke?" "Recently started doing it with Shoko, the stress caused from Shibuya did a number on me and I had to relief it somehow. Plus I have Reverse Cursed Technique to heal any damage done to my lungs." The boy explained as he lit one and relaxed into his seat. "So, what's your goal in the Culling Game?" Choso asked focusing his attention to Hana, "Our goal is to purge all incarnated sorcerers. Most of them will suppress and destroy their vessel's consciousness when incarnating either intentionally or subconsciously. It's something that should not be happening, it goes against the laws of God." Angel explained.

"God?" Takaba asked confusedly, "A name given to my Creed for simplicity's sake, you can ignore it if you like. That's why I've chosen to coexist with Hana." "Then, can you not just tell them things about myself." Hana huffed in annoyance. "How are you going to do that? Does your cursed technique have anything to do with it?" Yuji asked with some curiosity. "My cursed technique can nullify other cursed techniques which can include seals and barrier techniques." Angel explained making Choso think, "Could your cursed technique return an incarnated player back to what they were like before the incarnation?" the cursed womb asked while drinking a glass of wine. "I can't say for sure it can't but 99% of the time, they will die. Incarnation is the fusion of a cursed object and living flesh. Naturally, separating either one from the other is difficult. Do you want to return someone to their original state?" the incarnated sorcerer asked.

"...My friend... Megumi... He was forced to eat a cursed object and his body was taken over by an incarnated sorcerer. Do you think you can help him?" Yuji asked after a few seconds of silence which caused Hana to freeze. "Megumi? As in Megumi Fushiguro?" the girl asked surprising the young sorcerer, "You know Megumi?" Yuji asked with a tilt of his head, "Yeah... You can say that." "Sorry but I don't think I can help with that." Angel said making the boy deflate in his seat. "Well I've told you my goal now it's your turn, what is your goal in the Culling Game?" the old sorcerer asked mainly at the two brothers. "We want to end the Culling Game and free the unwilling participates. We're fairly short handed so we need all the help we can get, mind lending us yours?" Choso looked at Hana calmly as she stayed silent still processing the information about Megumi while the incarnated sorcerer thought of what the cursed womb said. "I can but I have a condition." Angel stated raising some eyebrows. "You want use to help kill all the incarnated players?" Yuji asked confused, "Not particularly. I just need help with one, a player that I must slaughter no matter the cost. The Fallen, if we can kill this player, then I can guarantee you, my assistance." Angel corrected.