Chapter 11: Culling Game Part 1

Maki kept her footsteps light and silent as she walked through the Zenin compound, she reached the house she was looking for and cracked the door open to look inside before fully opening it when she saw no one there. "Didn't really take Naoya as someone to go to meetings but it turned out in my favor." The girl muttered as she walked to the underground floor of the house, making her way to the cursed warehouse. She stopped when she saw her mother standing in the middle of the corridor, "As expected of you. Please go back, did you forget that we're not allowed to access the cursed tools warehouse?" the women asked emotionlessly making her daughter scoff, "I'm still part of the Zenin clan so I have the right to enter the warehouse, with or without your permission." Maki stated as she walked past the older woman.

"I said go back!" her mother shouted but she kept walking, "Why? Why are you always like this? For once in my life, make me feel proud, Maki." she heard that last comment as she disappeared further into the corridor. She finally reached her destination which was a large black door locked by a chain, she unwrapped her new cursed weapon she got from Kumiya Juzo's workshop. Keel had the special ability of absorbing the impact of the cursed energy on the blade and can dispels it at Maki's will, she rolled her shoulder a bit before swiftly cutting the chain in two and opened the door. As she walked in, she was surprised to see her father sitting in the room, "There's no cursed tools here, Maki. I anticipated your move and disposed of them." Ogi stood up and stepped to the side where the second year saw her twin, Mai laying on the ground bleeding. "Why did you come here, you idiot." Mai said, the older sister readied herself as she approached her father for a fight.

****************

"This is the place, right?" Yuji asked his older brother who nodded, "Yeah, Tengen said this is where the gambling matched is held that he bookmarks for." Yuji hummed as he changed his cloths to a grey training pants and a white flannel hoodie and now his signature sunglasses, they walked through the main entrance where they were met with two men, "Oi get lost, this isn't a place to hang out. I'll count out to three and you better be gone by then." The muscular man said as he approached the brothers. "Hey now no need for violence. We heard that we can make a quick buck by participating in the gambling matches here." Yuji gave a closed eye smile as the man threw a hook at him but stopped before he made contact, "First rule of Gambling Club is that we don't talk about Gambling Club. Where the fuck did you hear about it from?" the man asked pulling his fist back.

"Hm I can't really remember; it was a pretty weak dude that tried acting tough and got his ass handed to him." The first year opened one eye and smirked a bit arrogantly, the two men stayed silent until the other man got a phone call and sighed, "The boss gave permission. We're going to put this guy in but the other one is going to fight." The short man said pointing at Choso making the first-year shrug not really caring, they took the brothers down to the arena before separating them, leading Choso to the ring while Yuji went to the side lines and leaned against a wall. "Let's introduce today's competitors. An assassin who suddenly appeared! Watch your backs folks! The dangerous and mysterious, Choso! And there is a panda. No matter if it stands or sits or walks, it's just legit a panda, Panda!!!!" the announcer said the second year cursed doll and the cursed womb started their fight.

Yuji smiled and shook his head before leaning his head on the wall as he closed his eyes focusing positive cursed energy in his ears, spreading his hearing all around the parking lot searching for the third year. "I can sense the spectators are not excited." He picked up a man's voice as he focused more on it, "Why is that, Kin-chan?" the first year heard another voice which sounded female but it felt off. "Kin-chan? Maybe that's short for Kinji." Yuji thought as he continued to listen, "Luck is meant to be tested. It's boring to gamble knowing the outcome before it even happens, there aren't many strong unknown sorcerers who can beat Panda." He heard Hakari say before he opened his eyes to watch the fight as after a few minutes Choso won. "When the match is over, bring Choso to the roof. Because he's gonna win every single match he's in-." the boy head Hakari say into a phone before he stopped flowing positive energy in his ears and walked away to meet up with his brother.