Chapter 12: Culling Game Part 2

"Higuruma has made this theater his base of operations." Rin said pointing at the building in front, "Really? You've been really helpful, thanks a lot." Yuji patted his peer's back and started walking away but the blond stopped him, "Hey are you seriously heading in? I've never met the guy but even Haba had his ass handed to him one time." Rin stated looking at the sorcerer worried. "Don't ya worry, I'm one of the strongest around." The pink haired boy reassured with a smile before going on his marry way, after walking for a bit he reached the main theater where he saw a man sitting in a tub full of water. "Who're you and what are you doing here?" the man asked not looking at the younger boy who slowly approached him, "Ya know I could ask the same." Yuji countered taking a sit on one of the seats in the front row.

"Hm, have you ever taken a bath with your clothes on? It feels better than you'd think. Back in elementary school, I loved the clothed swimming lessons. I've recently stopped caring about a lot of things, so I'm challenging myself, trying some new things I believed were wrong. I'm well into my mid-thirties, yet I've become something of a delinquent. You gonna laugh?" Higuruma asked making the boy shake his head as he leaned back in his seat, "I do admit, it's kinda funny. I'm guessing your Higuruma, I want to talk to you." Yuji started but the man raised his hand to stop him. "Hold it right there. You'll need to pay a consulting fee of 5000 Yen, for every 30 minutes." Higuruma stated making the boy raise an eyebrow, after a couple seconds he started chuckling, "Just kidding. I just wanted to pretend to be an asshole of a lawyer." Yuji just facepalmed before turning serious, "You've got 100 points, right?" the sorcerer asked as the two stared at each other.

"He's not an incarnated sorcerer. Looks like he's a modern sorcerer that's awakened a cursed technique. If that's the case, he'll hear me out, there's room for some negotiation." The teen thought fixing his eyewear, "Frankly, we want to end he Culling Game. Well not really end but to nullify the requirement to kill each other rather than end the game. To do that we want to ass a rule using your 100 points." Yuji explained making the man rub the back of his neck. "Let me also be frank with you as well. I refuse and no It's not a joke, it's just I can sense some possibility from within the Culling Game. Laws are powerless at times but what about the rules of the Culling Game? Since the Jujutsu power that has been granted to me is real, the rules must be rea as well. There's no need for accusations or prosecutions. Without arguing over the truth, what if those who break the rules are punished as assuredly as the laws of physics? It's a wonderful thing. I admit that there are flaws within the rules however I want to watch over the barrier system which serves as the foundation of the game. I can't have the game ending right away. Especially rules 2 and 8, I want to witness the cursed technique removal in action." Higuruma explained looking back at the ceiling.

"The Culling Game itself is a ritual. Everyone in this country will die while you drag your feet." Yuji countered, "You're lying, the Culling Game wants to run on forever." Higuruma said making the boy sigh as he summoned Playful Cloud while he stood up, "I see, well let me change my wording then. You will let us use your 100 points, Higuruma." The lawyer pulled himself out of the bathtub as a shikigami appeared behind him. "Have you ever killed someone who's pissed you off? It feels better than you'd think." Yuji narrowed his eyes at the shikigami looking at it carefully, "Higuruma holds about 100 points so he probably killed around 20 sorcerers already. I have to be careful." The boy thought getting into a stance. "Domain expansion: Forced Suicide Punishment." Higuruma said making the teen's eyes widen before running at him fast and swinging his weapon at the man hoping to stop him before he activated his technique but his staff stopped mid-air. "Huh?" Yuji asked confused, "Any and all acts of violence are prohibited here, for the both of us." The lawyer explained before the teen was teleported back to where he was standing.

"Judgeman, please begin." Higuruma said looking back at the shikigami, "Yuji Itadori is under suspicion of entering the pachinko shop, Maji Vegas as a customer on July 16, 2017 despite being under the age of 18." It said making the boy freeze and think back to said date as he sweat drop, "Judgeman knows everything about the individuals inside of this domain but don't worry, that information isn't shared with me. Judgement will only be decided based upon our claims." A folder than appeared in the lawyer's hand, "With this evidence as the single exception. This will not necessarily confirm the suspicion placed on you and I won't tell you what it says. Moreover, you must make your case, clear the suspicion and win an acquittal of innocence from Judgeman." The man stated making Yuji rub his chin, "A court cursed technique, huh? And the badge on him confirms that he actually is a lawyer. Hm seems like his domain isn't a sure-kill so it won't physically hurt me. And it requires its rules to be explained to certain extent to be activated."