Chapter 14: Shinjuku

"Sukuna!" Yuji shouted as he shot up and looked around alert, after calming down he found himself sitting in a bed in a room that looked like an infirmary. "What happened? Where am I?" he questioned himself but to his surprise someone answered him, "You passed out after your fight with that big ass shikigami, the blind bastard took you to our temporary base which you're currently in." Maki explained leaning against a wall near him. "Maki?" he looked at the girl and noticed that she had some bandages wrapped around her body and face, "Welcome back to the land of the living. You've been out cold for three days." The second year said as she went and sat down on the boy's bed, "That long?" Yuji stated surprised getting a nod.

The two went silent as an awkward atmosphere washed over them, Yuji chuckled nervously thinking of what to say, "So-." "Did you mean it?" Maki cut the boy off surprising him. "Mean what?" he questioned confused, the girl glanced at him for a moment before a faint blush appeared on her face, "...The thing you said before you fought Mahoraga, did you mean it?" Maki asked again although this time with some shyness lingering in her voice. The boy sat there thinking back to the moment to see what words she meant, "I love you." Figuring out that is what she meant the boy blushes and laughed awkwardly as he looked around the room so he wouldn't meet Maki's eyes which lead the two to go silent again as the boy tried to figure out what to say. After a minute he sighed and scratched the back of his head, "Yeah." Yuji sighed as he waited to see what will happen.

"I see." Was the only thing the girl said as she looked out the window of the room thinking to himself, "Maki I understand if you don't feel the same way, just forget you-." "Me too." She cut the first year off again surprising him a bit. "What?" "Me too." She repeated as she turned to face the boy who tilt his head confused. "Elaborate." Yuji said wanting further insight to what she meant, "I kinda feel the same way about you I guess." She said shyer than before her blush growing. "O-oh." He stuttered as he looked down at his sheets his blush matching her's. "Hey Yu..ji?" Gojo burst through the door with a grin but he stopped and looked at the blushing teens confused, "Did I interrupt something?" the teacher asked to which Maki immediately stood up, "Nope! I was just leaving." She shouted before she ran out of the room which caused Gojo to chuckle, "Well that's a new one from Maki."

"So whatcha need sensei?" Yuji asked after calming down, Gojo grinned and grabbed a chair and sat down next to the boy's bed, "Well you see my dear Yuji, were going to fight Sukuna in about a month and during that time were going to train." The teacher explained making the boy think, "How many fingers do you think he's going to be at?" Yuji asked in wonder. "I'd say 19." "19? Not 20?" the teen asked confused, "Let's just say, his last finger is somewhere he won't ever find it to his cap will be 19." Gojo explained getting a nod in return. "Rest up and we'll start training with everyone else tomorrow." The teacher expended before he ruffled Yuji's hair as they started talking about something else

****************

Yuji, Gojo, Yuta, Hakari, Maki and Choso were in the training area of their base, ready to start their month-long training. "Alright, looks like everyone is here." Gojo said looking at the others with a nod of approval, "If some of you haven't already heart, we're going to face off against Sukuna in a month's time. I'll go against him first and hopefully I can win but if I don't you guys will take my place." The teacher explained to which the group nodded to. "Yuji, during your fight with Mahoraga you did something to help you defeat it. What was that exactly?" the man asked as everyone turned to Yuji who shrugged a bit, "That was my Maximum Technique." The first year said making some people raise their eye brows confused.

"Maximum Technique?" Hakari questioned causing the pink haired boy to explain, "Maximum Techniques are the other ultimate move of Jujutsu, second only to Domain Expansions. It's like using your cursed technique to it's at most, best, the end all be all of your technique ya know." Yuji explained as best he could, making the others nod. "So what's your Maximum Technique?" Yuta asked making the first-year step back a bit away from the group, "Inyo." Yuji said as said weapon appeared in his hand, radiating with energy. "It's the combination of all the weapons I've copied throughout the months into one, with all their abilities and cursed techniques, i.e the Inverted Spear of Heaven, and both positive and negative cursed energy mixed into it." The boy continued to explain what his Maximum was, god smacking everyone.