Past Part 17

3 months later,

JFK International Airport, USA

Arjun's POV

Atlast ! I'm going back to my country, Leaving these stupid and selfish people behind...

I could've left earlier but couldn't because of  the stupid bond I signed with my employers, Though I was supposed to work for 3 more months, but I negotiated with my bosses in BFPG's Boston branch and I was allowed to go home, Venky did not like it, but who cares...

I can't believe that I'll be in My homeland in next 20 hours....

I missed everyone so much, My parents, My brothers, My friends, My besties J & Naina....

Naina.... Freak Man ! I didn't speak to her properly for almost a year

I'm dying to see her, I know she has become more beautiful now, J tells me everything...

But God, She'll be really mad at me...!

I hope she doesn't know that I still talk with J, Sid but not her, I'll explain her everything as soon as I reach Delhi....

I never wanted to break any contacts with her, but that stupid my ex of mine did not let me live peacefully, so unwillingly I had to abandon her...

I'm such a jerk ! I know

Thing is asking her out started as a bet with my friends and initially even she wasn't seriously involved, Priya wanted a pretend boyfriend to make her ex boyfriend jealous, in return she helped me in getting a trainee position in BFPG

Life was easy, I had the job, I was learning new things, also meeting some good connections through her.

Issues began when she claimed to have feelings and begin acting like a real girlfriend and started bugging me, She started criticizing my friends... It was damn irritating, We started fighting..

My work became difficult, her father hated me... So I was burdened with more work than any of the trainee and Priya created scene whenever I spoke to Naina...

Since I had a bond, I couldn't resign  from work, and honestly it was the best firm I could ever work so why should I sacrifice it over a minor inconvenience, so I decided to pacify that bitch, and limit my contact with Naina..

But as days rolled by, I was not able to contact Naina at all, due to my hectic schedule, It was so hard for me not to talk with her...

I was transferred to Boston, and I found Priya cheating on me with her ex...

To be honest, It was very much expected from her, she was a spoiled brat, and men were like toys to her...

Break up was really easy with her

2 months ago

'Hello ?' She answers

'Hey cheating bitch ! It's me your fake boyfriend...' I say cheerfully

'Arjun, it's not what you think...' she began

'I know everything about you and Andrews, so don't lie, now listen to me... I am breaking up with you... you and me both know, we didn't like each other and I would really appreciate if you don't contact me...' I say

'Fine ! If that is what you want...' she replies

Wow that was easy...

'Good... you can go to hell now !' I say and hang up

My last 2 months in BFPG were very peaceful..

But something did change, Naina did not have time to speak to me at all, she stopped picking my calls, or answering my texts, and why not, I deserve that treatment...

That is why even I had 3 more months to work, I decided to go back, before my bond with my friends, especially her is totally lost

Now I'm here at the airport, going through the security check, I'll be in India in next few hours, Jai was thrilled to know this, and so were my parents..

Naina, I'll explain everything to you, once I return... I pray that you're not mad at me Naina... and even if you are, I deserve that.. I will make it up to you..

I decide to make a final attempt of contacting her, before seeing her directly, so I dialled her number, She picked up after 4 rings... Thank god...

'Hello....?' A Male voice answered

What the hell, did I dial a wrong number I looked at the screen, No it's Naina's number, who is this guy...

'Umm... Abhi Bhai ?' I ask, expecting a positive reply

'Uh.. No... my name is Ishaan, I am Naina's boyfriend...' The guy answered

What ! How did this... When did she... Freak... I am numb, Naina never believed in relationships, now she has a boyfriend ?  Wait a second, I had a girlfriend too, why am I so bothered...

'Hello ?' The guy asks again

'Uh.. Hello, Hi ! Is Naina around ?' I ask hesitantly

'No actually, she has gone to the restroom, may I know, with who am I speaking ?' He asks

Can't this guy see the caller name ? Wait, she even deleted my number...?

'Uh.. I am Arjun, her best friend...' I reply, should I consider myself as her bestfriend now ?

'Ohhh the USA guy ! Heard a lot about you man ! Finally I got to speak to you...' he sounds cheerful, but am I so angry... Why ?

'Uh... Not to make you awkward or something, But I never heard about you from her...' I reply in my classic diplomatic tone

He laughed 'Of course, how will you know ? You were not in contact with her, when we started dating... Don't worry, I heard you'll be coming back soon, then I'll catch up with you... Even I want to see why these people are sooo crazy for you...' he replies and now I was losing my calm, did he just taunt me ?

'Uh.. Is Naina back ?' I ask politely

'Actually Arjun we are in the movie theatre right now, and the interval is over, I'll ask Naina to call you after an hour ? If it's not urgent ?' He asks

I take a deep breath to control my anger, and counted to 3, to prevent myself from lashing out at him

'No need... I am about to board the flight to India, I'll see her when I get back...' 

'Oh that's great ! Naina would be so happy to hear that...! See you Arjun, have a nice flight...' he says

'Yeah... I will... Bye...' I say and hang up...

I massage my temples, why am I so angry if she has a boyfriend ? It's not like she was committed to me or something...

And she did not save my number, she's clearly mad at me ! Or worst, she is not bothered about me at all ?

God this is just like I feared ! Naina left me, because of my stupidity...

I have to do something about it !

I am coming Naina...

I walk towards the gate, as the flight's boarding was announced...