Past Part 11a

3 months later...

Naina's POV

'Maaa, I'm leaving...' I called, tieing my shoe laces...

'Wait, Naina... Take your medicines...' She came out of the kitchen with those yucky pills...

'Kya yaar Maa... I don't need these anymore..' I whined.

'Don't Argue Naina, just take them...' She ordered

I gulped the pills in one go....yucks...

'Can I go now..?'

'Yes, But come back soon, Dont forget ! We have to go to Arjun's house today...' she informed...

'Yes Maa, I'll be back by 5..' I say and close the door...

I walked towards the complex gate to wait for Rads, We have an assignment submission...

Ughh... I wanted to skip college... so that I could find something better to wear today...

We have to go to Arjun's house today, He cracked the SAT exams in one go and is selected for business studies in NYU, I'm really happy for him, Everyone is congratulating him and once again he's the hero of the society, But he'll be gone for 5 years, 5 freaking long years...!

In last one year he has become an inseparable part of my life, My best friend, My guide, My....Crush..

Yeah I admit it.. I have a huge crush on my childhood enemy, strange I know.... but... whenever he touches me an electricity like thingy runs down my spine, Whenever I see him I get butterflies in my tummy, when he says my name.. I get goosebumps.. Sounds cliche... I know..... But It's true....

I don't know when I got feelings for him but whatever he says, I like it, I don't feel like arguing with him now, whenever he acts mean.. I don't get irritated.. instead I worry about losing him...

Even I am his best friend, he shares everything with me...

I've acting differently around him lately, which obviously Rads noticed and she thinks I should confess everything to him, But I don't want to lose my friend because of some stupid feelings...

I don't have the guts to admit that I like him, Moreover I cannot afford to be heartbroken like the other girls he rejected, I don't want to end up like them...

Arjun is leaving next week, so his parents organized a party for him, and invited his friends and families to their house today..

He's leaving... *Sigh*

'Hayyyyy, Arjun ki yaad me uski Draupadi...' Rads commented from behind..

Like seriously... that's her worst humor till today...

I turned and glared at her...

'Excuse me I don't have 5 husbands...?'

She laughed... 'Babe chill... I've read somewhere... that out of her 5 husbands.. Draupadi loved Arjun the most, afterall he was her rightful husband, But He was always busy in practicing, other works & wives, though he was her husband and practically lived with her, but hardly noticed her...'

What the hell...

'What's your point? What this stupid story has to do with me..' I whine

'Respect the mythology Naina...' She warned..

'Sorry...!'

'See... I didn't find any other historic female protagonist to match for name Arjun, only Draupadi came to my mind, besides.... even you have similar condition like her on the noticing part...' she smirked