The Project

Marinette's POV

I haven't been able to focus much after spending time with Luka and his friends. It's so strange seeing other teens that are so different from the ones at school. More edgy and tougher looking, I kind of felt like a child being around them. They all had cuts and bruises scattered over, well the ones I saw from exposed skin. Even Luka, he seems to get into fights, beating down the bully's that go after his friends, which is good and bad. The morally gray term fits perfectly here. Interesting that no akumas have been spotted or targeted the kids in his section of the school, given the upperclassman rooms are located on the other side of town. I still don't get the layout for our schools sometimes.

"Marinette. Shouldn't you be heading over to meet Felix for that project? You're going to be late." Tikki breaks through my thoughts with a jolt, having me glance at the time on my computer. She's right. Quickly jumping out of my chair I grab my things, make sure Tikki is snug in my purse before heading out of my room.

~~~~~~~~
Staring at the books for I don't know how long hasn't been helping me at all. I've looked over my notes from the other day and it doesn't make sense compared to everything else. Felix has been writing so much into his notebook, so effortlessly, he's getting his portion done quickly.

"Are you that small minded that you can't find a single place you want to visit?" His voice breaks the silence, though he doesn't look up from his papers

"Are you that small minded that you can't find a single place you want to visit?" His voice breaks the silence, though he doesn't look up from his papers. What a jerk.

"Are you always a complete jerk to everyone you meet?" For once I wanted to call him something other than jerk but I don't use words like that.

"Only when it's clear that the person I'm talking to is spacing out the entire time." At this he looks up at me. With a small smile playing along the corner of his mouth. My jaw clenches at his words because he caught me not paying attention at all.

"I'm sorry....my mind is just spiraling right now. I'll focus now." I need to get this done it's due soon. Felix sets his pen down and gives me all his attention. Waiting for me to say something. "What? Why are you looking at me."

"Might as well have you talk it out so you can focus on the task at hand." Felix laces his hands together and rests his chin atop of them and waits.

"It's not important, let's just get back to work." I wave my hand to dismiss him but he doesn't budge, not even a little bit. I sigh before I give in. "I met Luka's friends the other day....they're different from the people I hang out with. And I caught a glimpse of Luka I didn't know existed until then. It was just weird." I rub my temples as I think back.

Felix leans back into his chair, taking in the information I laid out for him. "Ah. Was it at a mall on the other side of town? Boy with different colored eyes and another with split dye hair?" My eyes widen at his words. How did he know? As if he can read my thoughts, "I happened to be in the area and ran into the guitar player and his friends, most likely the same day you did. They seem like trouble makers, with the bruises, cuts, and scratches. Not to mention the way people stayed far from them. I didn't know you were friends with a thug."