Moving On

~Next Day~

Marinette's POV

Running at full speed, I race time hoping to make it in time for class just this once. Two minutes before the bell rings and I make it to the front stair way to enter the school. Yes! I'm going to make it! As soon as my foot reaches the top landing my body freezes in place. I see Adrien and Kagami hugging each other right before Adrien heads inside for class.
"Oh hello Marinette." Kagami greets me with perfect manner, just like Kagami. Adrien looks over and a smile spreads across his face causing my heart to clench. "Hey Marinette!" He walks along side Kagami to close the space. "O-oh h-hi Kaga-drien...I mean guys. I uh I gotta get to mlass. I mean class! Bye!" I take off running to the locker room, once at my locker I drop down in front of it and feel tears fall from my eyes. "Marinette are you okay?" Tikki whispers in my ear being cautious not to be seen. "This....this is going to be har-harder than I thought. Tikki...can I do this? Can I go about my life without freezing up around either of them?" I gasp for air to break the crying. Over my head the bell rings indicating that I'm late for class...again. Slowly I pick myself off the floor and begin to grab my books out of my locker I try to stop the tears from falling. As I close the locker and turn to the door, I am taken aback. Adrien is standing in front of the door with a worried look on his face. Oh no. Stop crying. It's no use, more tears start pouring out and I can't stop it.
"Marinette!? Are you okay? Why are crying?" Adrien takes a step closer and my body backs away. Doing so makes him stop, the look he's wearing now shows pain. I can't...I can't do this. Suddenly I bolt for the restroom to get away from him. I hear Adrien yell after me, I even hear his feet hit against the floor as he chases after me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally get out of the restroom just in time for my second class. Making my way to get the right book out of my locker I check my mirror I have on the locker door to make sure the tear stains were gone. They were faded, maybe if no one looked closely they won't notice. Once in class I look pass Adrien and look straight at Alya, trying to send a message for help through our minds. Thankfully she gets the message and rushes to me with a peppy attitude before Adrien could get up. She smiles and makes the atmosphere happy so no one else can catch the despair I have hanging over me.
"Look girl, I know this is going to be hard but I'm here for you. And the girls are here for you too. Don't worry I calmed them down so they wouldn't bombard you." I let out a grateful sigh and we walk to our desks. Thankfully Alya puts herself between Adrien and I, to put space between us. This is going to be a long day!
Half way through the lecture my phone starts to buzz. I pull it out to see what is setting it off and it's a message from Luka. I feel a smile spread across my face just from looking at his name on the screen. Oh I never opened the messages from yesterday.

Message #1: Hey Marinette. Just wanting to let you know how much I enjoyed sharing Andre's ice cream with you. You're presence alone was the best treat I could ask for.

Message #2: Just know I'm here to listen. I know you're hurting and I want help you. I hate to see you so sad. A girl as beautiful as you should always smile. Have a good night.

Message #3: Good morning M-Ma-Marinette. I'm free if you need to talk my sweet melody.

Reading all those messages made my heart swell up with such warmth. I must be blushing because Alya nudges me and motions to see what's up with my face. All I do is mouthed Luka's name and she smiles and gives me a thumbs up. For some reason I feel more at peace now, looking up to pay attention seems easier now, seeing the top of Adrien's head doesn't bother me as much now. Luka's words sure did the trick, wow I think I'm falling for him....or am I just realizing that I've already fallen for him?

Marinette: Good morning Luka. You're words are so sweet. I really had a great time sharing that ice cream with you too. It was so rich and sweet. Having you by my side Luka has really helped me.