Let The Flirting Begin

Marinette's POV

Somehow I manage to wake up early enough to eat breakfast with my parents and have my things ready for school. My mind is swarming with thoughts of Luka as I chew on my croissant and I think papa notices because he clears his throat catching my attention. "Is our little Marinette on cloud 9 right now?" He chuckles as he watches mama set down more fresh croissants on the table before sitting down to eat. "Oh Tom, leave her be She look so at peace." My mother reaches over and pats my hand closes to hers and smiles that warms my heart. "When you're ready to talk about we'll be here ready to listen sweetie." Looking over at papa he starts to pout about being shut down but starts to smile underneath it making me giggle at his silliness. Before they could continue any more small talk, they were interrupted my a knock on the door, causing them all to look each other in confusion. "Don't worry, I'll get it. I have to leave for school anyways. Thank you mama, papa." Getting up a lightly kiss their cheeks before gathering my things to leave.

The closer I get to the door I feel my heart start to pump a little faster, not knowing why I dismiss it as I open the door. Suddenly my heart drops down to my stomach at the surprise guest standing before me. "Good morning Marinette. I know this is sudden and I should have texted but I was hoping I could walk with you to school if that's okay?" The blue haired boy smiles from ear to ear as he waits for me to answer.

"G-good m-moring L-Luka. This is a surprise.....I uh....yesh...I mean yes. Hehe yes you can walk me to school-I mean not walk me like a dog other anything-I mean no I'm not a dog. Ugh oh my gosh what's wrong with me? Y-yes we can walk to school t-together." I give him an awkward smile as he covers his mouth and chuckles. "Oh M-m-marinette. Nothing is wrong with you. You're amazing. Are you ready?" Taking one last look inside, I see both of my parents peeking from the dinning room grinning at me with a thumbs up. I let out a sigh at how cute they were being and wave good-bye.

The walk to school is quiet but it doesn't feel heavy and awkward, it feels very peaceful to be honest, every so often I find myself looking at Luka from the corner of my eye only to be caught watching him

The walk to school is quiet but it doesn't feel heavy and awkward, it feels very peaceful to be honest, every so often I find myself looking at Luka from the corner of my eye only to be caught watching him. "Is everything okay Mari? You're fidgeting a bit and looking at me more than usually. Is something on your mind?" Calling me out on what I was doing made me jump a little. "Uh...well...I...um." I stop myself from talking to calm my nerves, I feel Luka place his hand on my shoulder causing me to look up at him. "If I'm making you nervous I'm sorry, take your time and trying to get your words in order." Luka gives me a smile that make his eyes warm up. Nodding at his word, I take a slow deep breath and gather all the courage I have and try again. "I just....I never realize how beautiful your blue eyes are and how they sparkle." quickly after the words come out my face turns red and I look down at my shoes as we continue to walk. "Well Miss Dupan-Cheng, you aren't that very good at flirting but you did make an impact." My eyes dart back at his face only to see it turn a shade pink.

I can't help but giggle at his expression, that's something I don't see on him. "Hey, don't make fun of me, I'm new at this. It's hard to get my words in order because I'm falling for you and it's hard to-" quickly realizing what I said, I cover my mouth while my eyes widen. Did I just....did I just confess!? Too terrified to look at him, I focus on my steps as we get closer to school.