Chapter One

BEST FRIENDS. That's what Wang Yibo and Xiao Sean Zhan, or Zhan for short, are called. Although Yibo is five years older than Zhan, the two of them were close even when they were children.

Zhan's parents, Fengmian and Yizuan, were Yibos's parents' first friends when they first moved to Gusu Island. Yibo is fifteen and in his third year of high school while Zhan is ten years old and in elementary school.

And because their parents immediately got closer, so did the two. Maybe because they are both only child. Yibo treats Zhan as a younger brother and Zhan Yibo as an older brother.

As the years pass, they are getting closer and Yibo is sometimes even calling Zhan sweetheart.

💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️

Zhan hurries to get out of the sea when he sees Yibo on the shore.

"Oh Ge, you're here. Are you going to take a swim too?" he greeted Yibo. He was wearing boxer shorts and a white shirt.

"Later. Your parents are inviting me to have lunch. Of course, I'm not going to refuse, the roasted pig's tail is delicious," Yibo answered with a smile. Staring at Zhan whose body was dripping water. Wearing short jeans shorts and a black top.

Yibo's attention was drawn to the girl waving in the sea. "Is that Yang Zi?" he asked Zhan.

"Yes," Zhan looked at the girl, turned to Yibo again, and smiled as if boasting. Yang Zi is a transferee from an exclusive girls' school in the other town and he knows that Yibo intends to court her. "Did I get ahead of you, huh, Ge?"

"Is she your girlfriend now?" Yibo asked with a laugh in his voice.

"Sshh! Don't be noisy," Zhan scolded with a glance at Yibo's back. "Mommy's behind you."

"Zhan," said Ziyuan. "Invite your friend and YIbo over. Lunch is ready."

"We'll eat later, Mom. Zang Yi is still enjoying the water."

"Maybe Yibo is hungry."

"No, Mom," Zhan answered quickly and pulled Yibo away. "Why are you here?" he asked annoyed.

"I just thought to visit you. Is it bad?"

"It's bad because you might slip up about me having a girlfriend in front of Mommy and Daddy. You almost spill just now. Oh, Ge, I won't forgive you," Zhan warned.

"Do you I am going to tell them? Am I going to tell them that their son is having a girlfriend at fifteen?" Yibo raised his voice slightly as a tease. Zhan looked at his mother, but she had already returned to the cottage. He lightly punched Yibo's shoulder. "You're really good at teasing, aren't you?"

"You're so easy to fall for my teasing. Oh, what, how are you and Yang Zi doing? How long are you two in a relationship now?" Zhan sat at the bottom of a big rock and let the waves play with his leg. Yibo followed him but remained standing.

"Oi you didn't answer." said Yibo.

Zhan breathed deeply. "We've been together for a week now. And I don't know what to do about how our relationship will last. I have a feeling that she expects something from me."

Yibo's eyebrows rose in amusement. "A gift? Give her a meal of mussels and oysters." said Yibo laughing.

"You're being silly, aren't you. the guys said I should date her," Zhan replied with a frown.

"Sweetheart if you don't have money to date her, I can lend you some."

"That's not my problem," Zhan made a face and slightly turned to the water where Zang Yi was. "My problem is where we go on a date no one will recognize me."

"That's a problem," Yibo pointed out, trying to hide his amusement. "Also, what are we going to do when we go on a date?" Zhan added.

"That's even more of a problem," Yibo could barely contain his laughter. Fortunately, Zhan's full attention was focused on the problem he was talking about. He suddenly looked up at Yibo. "Ge..."

"Uh... uh..." Yibo raised both hands. "I know that look. Don't tell me you want me to be your chaperone on your date and you'll let me worry about where you'll go on dates."

"You're crazy. I will not ask you to come with me on my date with Yang Zi. You might steal my girlfriend away from me in my very eyes. I am thinking about something..." Zhan stared at Yibo. "Sit down," Zhan said.

Yibo sat obediently. "What then?" Yibo asked.

Zhan swallowed several times before speaking. "Because the guys said I need to kiss Yang Zi when I have the chance."

"Haven't you kissed her yet?" Yibo said raising his eyebrows while grinning silly. "Oh, sweetheart you're too slow. Here you can work on it. Both of you dive into the sea and then kiss her under the water," Yibo teased with a smile.

"That's my problem, I-I don't know how..." Zhan said.

"Which one? Swim?"

"What? You know I know how to dive and swim. What I mean is the kiss."

"Well, that's a big problem," said Yibo with twinkling eyes.

"How can I do that?" Zhan asked seriously. "Teach me."

Yibo almost coughed at what Zhan said. Quickly walked away. "What do you mean?" Yibo asked seriously.

Zhan shrugged his shoulders. "We're friends, aren't we? So, if you'll... kiss me now, I'll know how to kiss Zang Yi, won't I?"

"What if I'll punch you, do you want?" Yibo said, raising his clenched fist.

Zhan's voice was a mixture of pleading and annoyance when he spoke again. "Ge. If you kiss me even for a moment, there will be no malice because we're friends."

Yibo gave Zhan a fake smile. He pinned Zhan's shirt so that Zhan was lifted out of the water and then Yibo brought Zhan's face close to his face.

"That is precisely my point, Xiao Sean Zhan. We are friends. And if I do what you want, we won't be friends anymore, okay?" And then Yibo suddenly let go of Zhan that without the big stone, he might have fallen into the water.

"Yibo, what the hell!" Zhan chased after Yibo who returned to where they came from. Yibo turned to him. "If I can't spank you, I'll just report you to Uncle Fengmian if you insist on being silly! I'll just watch Uncle paddle your ass until it swells."

"Kill joy!" answered Zhan.