Last Chapter

When the door opened and closed again, Zhan opened his eyes and saw Yibo standing at the foot of the bed.

"How's the new mother?" Yibo asked smiling openly.

Zhan forced a smile. "I'm fine, thank-" he frowned when he saw a bruise above Yibo's right cheek. Lightly colored eggplant. "What happened to your face?"

Yibo walked over to him and sat on the edge of his bed. "We have a twin, Sweetheart, did your mother tell you that?" His voice was full of excitement. Yibo brushed the unruly strands of hair from his face. "A boy and a girl." The happiness is in his face and voice.

"Mommy told me. But you're not answering my question. Why do you have a bruise on your face?"

"Oh, this?" Yibo felt his cheek and then grinned. "Uncle Fengmian said, I deserved more than just a punch. And I agree with him."

Zhan's eyes widened. "W-what do you mean?"

Yibo smiled sheepishly. "I told them the truth after you gave birth... and I couldn't avoid your Daddy's punch. And Dad would have followed that if Mom and Aunt Yizuan hadn't been quick."

"Oh!" Zhan moaned.

"Zhan, I feel better. And I like the feeling. You're the only problem I have now..." Zhan looked away. "Don't mind me, Yibo. Now our family knows everything. Like you, I've been pulled out of a thorn."

Yibo touched his face. Forced him to meet his eyes. "We will be married soon. Our parents decided on it," Yibo said in a serious tone. "And this time I won't ask for your consent. Even if they haven't agreed for us to get married, I'll still marry you. I've done my part, I let them know about us. And I'm marrying you come hell or high water!"

"No!"

Yibo's face darkened. Then take a deep breath and the face softens again. "You love me as a friend. Can't you learn to love me as a man? As your husband?"

"I'm not the point here, Ge. It's Cheng Xiao. I don't want to hurt her and—"

"We broke up, Zhan. And she understood. I hurt her but she can take it because the victim is not her heart but her pride. So, forget about her," Yibo said firmly.

"Let's talk about us. I will marry you as soon as you step out of this hospital... that soon because I'm desperate. Even if I have to choke the words I do out of your mouth. And you won't say anything against there because I will not listen. I love you, sweetheart. I can't imagine needing someone so much. Yet as the days passed by, I need you more and more..."

Zhan was staring at Yibo wide-eyed. Unable to grasp all the things Yibo was saying. His heart went into overdrive.

His palms closed in Yibo's hand. "My sun shines and sets on you, Xiao Sean Zhan. I got scared when I soon realized that I no longer looked at you as a friend.

Because I couldn't stay with you longer without wanting to touch you... to kiss you... to hold you in my arms. It was true that under the influence of alcohol, I lost control of myself that night at the cottage. But I don't regret it, sweetheart. I never once told you that I'm sorry about it. It was the most wonderful moment of my—" Yibo stopped what he was saying when he saw Zhan smiling.

A smile gradually turned into laughter at Yibo's irritation. "Damn it, Zhan, what are you laughing at?"

Laughter shocked Zhan because he grabbed his stomach. "Oh, god, my stitches might come off," he said, wincing and yet he couldn't help smiling.

"Will you stop laughing!" Yibo snorts angrily. Confused by his behaviour. "Your wound will be opened."

Happiness radiated from Zhan's face as he raised his eyes to Yibo. "When did you realize you loved me? How old am I?"

"It doesn't matter when!" Yibo said still angry. "For the life of me, I don't know why you are laughing. I have never imagined myself being laughed at when I declare my undying love to you."

Zhan's smile widened and he wanted to laugh again if his wound didn't really hurt.

"Of the many girlfriends you've had, Yibo, you're such an idiot," Zhan's eyes sparkled in merriment. Joy overflows in his heart. Can't believe that after months of resentment, this happiness was possible.

Yibo stiffened. "Don't make fun of me like that, Zhan," Yibo warned. "I told our parents that we would marry even if against your will because I love you. And I am willing to gamble that you will learn to love me too, on the ground that you already loved me as a friend. And we have the twins to bind us together."

Zhan rolled his eyes. "Shut up, Ge, and kiss me... and kiss me... and kiss me. Pay for everything, for the hurt you've given me in the past eight months. Now."

Unbelieving eyes gazed down at him and raised a fingertip and touched his smiling lips. "Fools, aren't we?" Yibo whispered lovingly. Gradually, a smile appeared on Yibo's lips... and then burst out laughing.

"I love you Ge." Zhan whispered.

"I love you too Sweetheart."

THE END........