Chapter Twelve

It was Friday afternoon when Yibo arrived.

"I'm sorry I only had free time to come here now," apologized Yibo. He was outside the house tending to the plants that were slowly sprouting.

"Yeah, there is a lot of work in the office," Zhan answered fatly and stood up. He removed his gloves and placed them on the balcony railing. "Yeah, and-"

"Of course, you're busy with Cheng Xiao," he couldn't help but mix his voice with sarcasm. "You don't have to explain."

"Are you mad?" Yibo asked with a frown as he followed Zhan inside. Zhan didn't answer and continued to the kitchen. Nanny Yungchin was not there, and Zhan ordered her to buy his vitamins in town because he had run out of vitamins. He made a juice.

"Hey?" Yibo took him by the arm and held him out.

"What do you want to eat?" Zhan asked to change the subject.

"No. I'm asking you if you're mad at me?" Yibo asked in serious tone.

"Why should I be angry?" Zhan sighed, pulled the dining chair, and sat down. His belly is big now and he gets tired easily. "Do I have the right to be mad?"

"Sweetheart... Zhan," said Yibo who also pulled a chair in front of him and sat down. He was too close. Their legs are touching, and Zhan doesn't know what to feel. At night, how he wanted Yibo to be there. Not because of anything, but there are nights when he just wants to cuddle. He is struggling with his condition but what is happening is that he just cries.

"I know you, Zhan, and I know you're angry," Yibo continued. Yibo's breathing was on his face. And he feels his body heating up. Even though they only had sex once, he never got rid of the feeling it caused in his entire being.

"I'm sorry I only came today. Cheng Xiao and I have a lot to take care of. You know that, don't you?"

"I'm sorry, too," Zhan said, his voice quivering. "I-I don't know why I'm angry. Maybe I miss Mommy and Daddy," Zhan said which was partially true. He wanted to run to his Mom and cry to his heart's content.

"That's the effect of your pregnancy. I even ask my married colleagues how their wives behave when they are pregnant," Yibo said with a smile. "And they teased me and asked if Cheng Xiao was pregnant? If they only knew," Yibo chuckled. Yes. If only they knew.

💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️

They had just finished eating when Yibo's CP rang.

"Cheng Xiao," he heard Yibo mention. He quietly walks away to give Yibo the privacy to talk to his girlfriend, though his heart is breaking. Sadness was in Yibo's eyes when he turned off the line.

"Trouble?" Zhan asked.

"Yeah. She's expecting me to meet her tomorrow. Her father came last night," Yibo gazed at his face sadly. "I even promised you that I would come home on Sunday afternoon."

"I-I understand," Zhan answered and looked away. He didn't want Yibo to see the pain and sadness on his face.

Yibo did not answer and went out towards the balcony. He saw Yibo look up at the sky and fill his chest with air.

Zhan tried to be happy that night. He knew that Yibo was also struggling and he didn't want to add to the burden of the situation. "It's a big bed, we can sleep together," Yibo said.

"What?!" He stared at Yibo in surprise as his face blushed, hoping Yibo wouldn't notice the blush.

"Zhan, we used to sleep together in my room," Yibo said amused, arranging the bed.

"That was then. But-"

"What difference does it make, sweetheart? I don't want to sleep on the floor, it's tough, and I travel tomorrow. Have mercy on me," Yibo took off his sports shirt and hung it on the back of the chair.

"I-I'm having a hard time sleeping, Ge," Zhan reasoned. His voice panicked. He couldn't afford to be that close to Yibo without wanting to touch him. And he didn't want his own feelings to betray him. It wouldn't be smart for Yibo to know that Zhan loves him. "I'll only have more trouble when I'm next to you. My stomach is already big."

Yibo blew air into the air. "Alright, I'll sleep on the floor. But I have two pillows, huh."

Yibo was already asleep when Zhan was free to stare at his face. He was really that handsome and Zhan ached to touch him. All his life it was the two of them. He doesn't remember anything he did without Yibo. Throughout the years... through good times and bad times. The two of them as friends. All of a sudden, friendship turned to love—on his part.

He pretended to be asleep when Yibo woke up the next day. He didn't want to see Yibo go. Yibo watched Zhan for a long moment before he quietly left. When Zhan heard Yibo's car in the distance, only then did he release the tears. "Yibo..."

💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️

Three days later Zhan called their home. He was even more surprised to learn from their maid that Fengmian was rushed to the hospital because of sudden chest tightness. After turning off the phone, Zhan walked around the living room. He tried to control the panic and fear of what might happen to his father.

"Is it bad news, Zhan?" asked Nanny Yungchin.

"Daddy is in the hospital, Nana," he replied sobbing. "He said his chest was tight the other day..."

Nanny Yungchin sighed. "I've noticed for a long time that your father always rubs his chest. I'm worried, so even if he's angry with me, I always cook vegetables and fish. I can't even mention it to Yizuan because she might worry."

"Nana, what should I do?" Zhan asked.

"Youshould be the to dec