Chapter Six

Zhan was looking at the sea when he heard Yibo's pickup parked next to the cottage.

"Aunt Ziyuan said you are sick," Yibo said, taking one step up the bamboo stairs. "Because I called your home earlier and Aunt said you are here." Yibo placed a bag of fruits next to Zhan. "So, I thought I'd go home early. I went to the market and bought that for you."

"The fruit vendors squealed again because of you," Zhan joked.

Yibo smirked. "I'm used to it, sweetheart," then turned serious. "What's wrong with you? Aunt said you've always been lethargic these past few days."

"I'm just not feeling well. This will pass," Zhan reached the bag and opened it.

"You might catch the flu."

Zhan quickly peeled off the orange. "Maybe so, because a week ago Nana had the flu. Mommy said I must have been infected. The surprising thing is that I'm eating a lot these days."

"Maybe you're missing a bath, friend." Yibo teased.

"Tse," he answered with one mouthful of orange.

"Or, maybe it's because you haven't had a girlfriend for a long time," Yibo added.

He threw an orange skin at Yibo and smiled. How can he tell Yibo that during the times he was dating girls, he didn't even once enjoy being with women? That girl has no attraction to him.

"Do you want to go with me to the doctor?" Yibo loosened his necktie again and then removed a few buttons from the polo shirt and Zhan caught sight of his chest. Zhan quickly averted his eyes.

Yibo sat on the bamboo chair. Raised his leg where Zhan was sitting.

"Why, am I really sick?" Zhan answered with a laugh. "Oh, how are you and Cheng Xiao?" he changed the subject.

"We're okay," Yibo shrugged. "Actually, we're planning to get married this year." Orange froze on Zhan's lips for a moment.

"A-are you sure?" he asked Yibo.

"Maybe," Yibo answered.

"What kind of answer is that? You must be sure. It's not a joke to get married," Zhan said casually but that's not how he feels. It was as if needles were being inserted into his heart one by one.

"Cheng Xiao is the only one who has been my girlfriend for the longest time. So, maybe she's the one."

"Maybe," the sudden loneliness that Zhan felt seemed be bone deep.

Yibo grabbed the orange bag. "I'm going peel the oranges for you. The way you eat the oranges looks like you just tasted it for the first time."

💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️

"Congratulations," said the doctor. He went to a clinic in the next town from Gusu. And he made as sure that no one knew him there. Besides, the clinic is new. "You're six weeks on the way."

(Let's just assume that male pregnancy in this story is normal, since this is only translated from straight original novel to BL.... Same as the previous novels I translated😆)

Six weeks on the way. It registered immediately in his brain. He is carrying a child. Zhan seemed to have no strength as he leaned back in the chair.

"Are you okay?" the doctor asked worriedly seeing his paled face. A bead of sweat appeared on his forehead.

"Y-yes," when he managed to speak. "T-thank you."

Zhan left the clinic like he was out of his mind. He's pregnant! His suspicion is right, that's why he didn't tell his mother the next time he felt sick, especially when he felt nauseous in the morning. He turns the shower so loud that no one can hear him.

His clothes are getting tight on him, and he is nervous that Ziyuan will notice at any moment if it is not his mother then his Nanny. Earlier, Ziyuan saw him when he came out of the house fully dressed.

"Where are you going again, Zhan?"

"Mom, I'm applying for a job through the mail. It's been two months since my graduation, and I must have a job by now." He reasoned.

"Why are you in such a hurry to work? Why don't you enjoy your vacation first? Also, why don't you accept your Auntie Kim's offer to go to America and work there? Computer programmers are in demand now. And scholastic records are quite good."

He didn't answer. At that time, he wanted to come to America. His Aunt Kim's family, his daddy's youngest sister, was there. His Grandfather and Grandmother were also there. They called him several times and after he graduated, they asked him to fly to America. But his desire to go abroad gradually disappeared.

"I want to get experience here first, Mom." before his mother spoke again, he kissed her on the cheek. "Jili and I will have lunch out, Mom. We will also try to apply to the companies here."

"I don't understand you. The letter from the textile mills arrived the other day and they are hiring you but you don't want it," Ziyuan said shaking her head.

Zhan took a breath wearily. What will he do now? Who will he approach? Can he tell his parents about this? He cannot bring shame and hurt his father and mother. And not only that, what do the two families think if they found out? His daddy might kill Yibo.

Zhan wanted to cry but he couldn't. Hoping he is just dreaming and will wake up and everything will go back to normal. He did not think that he would face this problem just because of one mistake.

He crossed to the pharmacy where he saw a public telephone. The bank where Yibo works is in this town.

"Ge," he said when the other line said hello. "Yes. Oh, why were you called?"

"I-I'm here in Yungmeng..."

"Yunmeng? What are you doing here?" asked Yibo.

"I want... to talk to you, please. Can you leave the office now?"

"But why? Can't we just talk later? I'll be at your house."

"No, we need to talk now," Zhan pleaded.

"All right. Give me ten minutes," Yibo gave in.

One of his friend's whims? Yibo asked himself. But he also shook its head. Zhan is not like that. In fact, Zhan sounded strange. Somewhat worried.