Chapter Four

The two spent almost an hour swimming before returning to the hut cottage. Zhan showered first and Yibo after. Zhan was dressed in shorts and a shirt. While Yibo was in the shower, Zhan poured wine into the glass. He wanted to acquaint himself with the taste of the wine since he hadn't tasted it yet. He tasted a beer before, but he doesn't go beyond a bottle because he doesn't want to upset his parents. He quickly drank down almost one-third of the glass when he heard Yibo turn off the shower. His eyes were red from trying not to cough. He quickly poured into two glasses and prepared the fried chicken so that Yibo would not notice what he had done.

"Oh, there, everything is ready," Zhan said smiling as Yibo came out. His smile immediately disappeared when he saw that Yibo was only wearing shorts and no top. The towel he used was the one he used to wipe his hair.

The butterfly in his stomach never stops flying. Why does he feel this way about his friend now? Since when had it affected him to see Yibo almost naked? Since earlier in the sea, he has felt that way, so he reluctantly distances himself from Yibo.

"What's wrong with you?" Asked Yibo earlier while they were swimming. "Do I have a contagious disease and I notice you are distancing yourself from me?"

"You're so dramatic," Zhan replied with a smile. Ignoring the strong thumping of his heart. "I just feel guilty that Cheng Xiao is not with us."

"She's the one who doesn't want to come, then let her be," said Yibo and dived under the water. Zhan looked around when he felt Yibo pulling his legs. He opened his mouth to scream but the sea drowned his scream when he fell into the water. They are like fish chasing each other in the water. Every accidental contact of their bodies seemed to electrify him. And Zhan tried his best to ignore the feeling.

Yibo didn't even notice Zhan's stupor because he was looking at the table while wiping his hair. Pinch off the skin of the chicken and eat it. Then he raised the glass of wine to Zhan.

"Cheers, sweetheart," Yibo said with a smile.

With trembling hands, Zhan picked up his glass and raised it too. "Cheers." Behind him was the bamboo railing while Yibo was in front of him. Yibo sat down and poured the wine again.

"What's the latest news with you? We haven't had a good talk this past week," Yibo brought the glass to his mouth and drank. "Who are you courting now?"

Zhan shrugged his shoulders. "I can't tell you anything coz nothing at the moment. How about you, is it true what Cheng Xiao telling her friends that you two are going to get married?" Zhan asked simply, anticipating. Halving the contents of the glass and pretending to turn around so that Yibo wouldn't see his grimace. How do others like the taste of liquor? Why he can't take the taste even if it's imported. And why does it seem like he can't open his eyes?

Yibo looked at the sea. Shrugged his shoulders. "Just planning. Nothing definite yet," he answered while he drank the content from the glass. "Oh, are you just going to stare at your glass?" asked Yibo.

Zhan picked up his glass and drank the wine in one go so that he could not taste it.

"Hey!" Yibo bent down to reach for Zhan's glass. It was almost empty when he got it in his hand. "Son of... that will get you drunk. I don't want you to get drunk."

"Eh, why you?" Zhan said to Yibi. He felt so hot that it felt like he was being set on fire.

"I'm used to it and --" Yibo stopped speaking when Zhan suddenly stood up. "Where are you going?"

Zhan did not answer and entered the inner room. Zhan could see that Zhan almost fell when walking. Yibo immediately stood up to follow his friend.

"Zhan!" Yibo exclaimed as he saw Zhan take off his top. "What are you doing?"

"It's hot. It's like I'm being burned. I want to take a bath," Zhan answered and because he's already drunk, he also took off his shorts. By bending down, Zhan became even more dizzy and lost his balance. And because Yibo was also a little dizzy, he caught Zhan when he almost on the floor.

"What nonsense is this-" Yibo's words hung in his throat again. Both their naked bodies are touching. Zhan's eyes almost closed due to drunkness.

"Zhan..." Yibo was shaking his head and tried to hold on to sanity. But the effect of the alcohol, the warm and soft body that was attached to his body completely numbed his feelings.

The next thing Zhan realized was that he was lifted off the floor as if he were being cradled in a cloud. He felt the warmth of the soft mattress behind him. And then the mouth that kissed him. Breathing was impossible the way Yibo kissed him so possessively. It was as if all the emotions that had been hidden were released by that kiss.

Zhan didn't mind when Yibo pushed his tongue inside his mouth and tasted all his sweetness. Zhan didn't mind when Yibo's mouth found one rigid nipple. Zhan arched his body in submission.

"Sweetheart, this is madness," Yibo murmured on his lips. His hand searching. "I can't help myself. Tell me to stop, Zhan. Fight me, please..."

But Zhan didn't utter a word. His eyes closed. He seemed unable to open his eyes. And he was turning his head left and right, his lips parted as he moaned and whimpered softly as Yibo's hand found what he was looking for.

And Zhan's face is enough to completely make Yibo lose his mind. Zhan will never remember the pain. Only the ecstasy Yibo's body brought him.

💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️

"Zhan..." He heard the soft call outside the door of his room. He didn't know whether to open the door. He didn't know how to deal with Yibo after what happened to them the night before. How can he look at the man, he considers more than a brother? And he has no one to blame for what happened but himself. He quickly wiped his eyes with the back of his palm when he heard Yibo's voice outside again.

"Zhan, please," Yibo pleaded. "Open the door. Your Nanny will wonder to see me here knocking." Zhan stood up from sitting on the bed and opened the door.

"Can we talk, please?" Yibo's eyes were pleading. Zhan moved away from blocking the door and let Yibo in. Zhan sat quietly in the chair but averted his eyes from Yibo.

"Zhan-"

"Ge, I think it is best that we forget what happened last night," he interrupted whatever Yibo was going to say. "W-we both got carried away because of the alcohol. We d-didn't want it to happen."

He heard Yibo sigh before speaking. "But I still need to take responsibility."

"No." Zhan tried to smile. "I said let's forget what happened."

"Oh, god, sweetheart," Yibo said in distress and then came closer to Zhan. He sat on the floor, grabbed Zhan's hand, and squeezed it. "Your parents trusted me. No matter where you go, as long as I'm with you, they don't worry. 'Then this happened, and I broke that trust."

"They don't need to know what happened, Yibo. We're... still friends."

"How could you say that after what I did to you, Zhan?"

Zhan shook off Yibo's hand holding him and stood up from sitting on the edge of the bed. "Goodness, Ge! It's not as if it's the end of the world. So, w-we... we m-made... we had sex. This kind of thing happens. And it happened to us. End of story."

"I am willing to marry you, Zhan," Yibo's eyes are pleading.

"No," Zhan replied firmly. "One night of madness won't make marriage."

Zhan turned his back and looked out the window. He did not see the darkening of Yibo's face.

Yibo stood up. "Swee-- Zhan..."

"We're still friends, Ge," Zhan said quickly but didn't face Yibo. "Nothing has changed. Please forget what happened and I will do the same. Please go downstairs before Nana wonders why you've been in my room for so long."

Yibostepped out with his jaw clenched. When Yib