Chapter Nine

There was nothing he could do when Yibo said that he would sleep there that night no matter what he refused to do. If he has stubbornness, he also knows that his friend is also stubborn. Friend. How ironic. They are best friends but in the next seven and a half months they will be parents. He wanted to laugh at that thought. What will his girlfriend, Cheng Xiao, say when she finds out about his condition?

"Although I'm happy that you're smiling, I'm nervous because you're smiling by yourself. Maybe because of our problem, you're gradually getting crazy," Yibo joked.

Ours.

He stared at Yibo. The word Yibo used was a big thing in his chest. Zhan smiled. "I just remembered something funny."

Yibo stood up from sitting on the tile. "You stay here first. Close the doors. I'll buy a mat at the market that you can use in the meantime. And then a pillow. Did you bring a blanket?" Zhan nodded. "Good. And I will also buy what you will need in the meantime."

"And then food, huh?" Zhan said when Yibo was at the door. "Please, buy orange too." Yibo smiled gently. For the first time since the talk, they had in Yunmeng last time, this was Yibo's first true smile. At least, that reduces the weight in Zhan's chest.

💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️

"How can you do this, Zhan?" the old woman almost cried at him. "Who is the man who did this to you?"

"Nana, please, don't ask anymore. I'm glad you're here. But I hope you don't tell Daddy and Mommy."

"How long can you keep this thing a secret, Zhan?" the old woman continued wiping her eyes. "What if Yibo refuses to help you?"

"You know I always count on him, right? That's why I'm so grateful to him."

"I can't believe you did this, Zhan," the old woman continued to sniff. "Your parents raised you well. Full of preaching and --"

"Nana..." he gently scolded.

💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️

Two weeks later, Zhan returned home to Gusu with his nanny. Although Fengmian and Ziyuan were shocked when he said that he was going to Shanghai for six months as a part of his probationary period, he did not say anything. They have a lot of trust because his nanny is with him. He promised to always call his parents.

As the days passed, the house was gradually filled with things and furniture. Everything was bought by Yibo. He also bought a television so Zhan wouldn't be bored. And Yibo always comes twice a week.

One Sunday morning Yibo came with maternity dresses. "This is a lot," Zhan said as he rummaged through the two shopping bags.

"You need that. Next time, I'll buy the baby stuff."

"How come I will wear this, I'm more used to wearing pants," Zhan said with a laugh and made a face as he unfolded the maternity clothes. "Yuck."

"You won't be able to wear jeans once your belly has grown," Yibo said seriously. "And after we eat, get dressed and we'll go somewhere."

"Where?" Zhan asked wryly.

"To the doctor. We'll find an OB-Gyn in the capital. Your condition needs to be monitored," Yibo stood up and took off his polo shirt.

He went to the kitchen and put his arm around Nanny Yingchun. "You rest first, Nana, and I'll be the one to cook now."

"This kid. I'm already here and you're the one who needs to rest."

But Yibo insisted on cooking. Although smiling, Zhan felt sadness while watching Yibo. They look like newlyweds. From tools to small things. And although he and Yibo had been friends for a long time now he saw how thoughtful he really was. And Yibo is a really nice guy. Now he fully understood most girls liked Yibo.

Cheng Xiao must be very lucky.

"Oh, don't look at me like I'm from planet Mars," Yibo teased him as he filled Zhan's plate with food. "Eat, the baby needs nourishment."

"Ge, it's too much, how can I finish it all?" Zhan complained.

"You are eating now for two. You can't eat what you used to. You need to add more. Later we will ask the lady doctor for vitamins," Yibo said without a smile and seriously.

"Why did you guarantee that the doctor we will see is a lady doctor?" Zhan said unable to refuse the food Yibo was putting in his plate. "How about a male doctor?"

"You're forgetting your manners, sweetheart, don't talk when your mouth is full," said Yibo.

Zhan was forced to chew everything in his mouth. He accompanied that with a cup of water and drank.

"You're annoying, huh!" Zhan whined bitterly at Yibo.

Yibo just chuckled and finished his meal. "Hurry up and we'll find a female doctor."

Nanny Yungchin shook her head as she watched the two. Her heart is deeply saddened and regret for the two.

regret for both.