Chapter Two

Yibo graduated from college two years ago and is working as an assistant manager at a local bank. Even though when he is still studying, he is already a management trainee at that bank. Fengmian, who works as a manager at the same bank, encouraged Yibo to do his training there.

Because he is efficient and intelligent, after graduating, the bank immediately offered Yibo to work there permanently. His parents are also happy because he doesn't have to go to the big city to look for a good job like Yibo's first plan.

Zhan is in his third year of college.

"What are you doing, friend," said Jili. "In less than a week, you and Ren Min broke up immediately."

Zhan frowned. "It's okay. I don't want to be with someone like her. Pol approached and just smiled at her, she had already forgotten about me."

"Because you don't know how to handle your girls," said Jili.

He was walking home but he could still think of what Jili told him. And he wants to be annoyed.

On the other side, what Jili says is true. He can't handle his relationships. The girls immediately break up with him as soon as another man flirts with them. Or, maybe when they saw Yibo. And Yibo, from then until now, still keeps on changing girlfriends.

💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️

"Zhan, hurry, phone!" Ziyuan called her son. "It's Yibo!"

Zhan rushed down the stairs. Yibo is in Hong Kong for a three-month traineeship at the bank's main office for a more senior position.

"Hello," Zhan was still barely breathing.

"What took you so long, Xiao Sean Zhan," Yibo told him from the other line. "This overseas call will cost me a lot."

"I almost fell down the stairs in a hurry," Zhan answered. "Oh, how are you doing there? How many girls have you dated there?"

"As for your first question, sweetheart, I've become even more handsome because the climate here is cold. And for the second question, I'm only dating two beautiful girls right now."

Zhan laughed out loud. "Gosh, you still haven't changed. The storm is reaching here in Gusu Island."

"How about you, how many girls have you dated and broken up since I left?"

Zhan rolled his eyes. "I stopped for now. It's getting boring. I can't even have a permanent girlfriend. Besides, I'm already applying for a job."

"Ow? Where and what?" Asked Yibo.

"Programmer. GU is hiring me. But I'm still thinking about it." Zhan answered.

"What exactly do you want me to bring you when I come home next month?" Yibo changed the topic.

"Rebook like yours. And Estee Lauder's White Linen... chocolates, that almond rocca and—"

"It's a lot and expensive," Yibo joked. "That will drain my salary."

"Alright, that's all. You ask me what I like and when I told you, you complain..." Zhan protested in a whisper. Yibo laughed from the other line.

"How about Uncle Fengmian and Aunt Ziyuan, what can I bring for them?"

"You can give them anything. But don't forget the ones I asked you to buy for me ha? And make sure you have the right size for my shoes."Zhan said.

Yibo laughed again. "Alright... my dear one, my phone card is running out. Bye, sweetheart."

"Take care..." Zhan said hung up the phone and went back to his room upstairs. He felt happy after the call from Yibo. Yibo never changed. He still thoughtful. He glanced at the picture frame on top of his night table. It was him and Yibo when he graduated from high school. Yibo was clinging to him in a way that seemed like he could escape. Zhan smiled. That picture is already four years old.

💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️💚💛❤️

Yibo's parents were with him when they picked up Yibo at the airport. Although Zhan didn't show it, he was surprised to see Cheng Xiao with them.

Two weeks before Yibo went to Hong Kong, he introduced her to him. A former San Ignacio native who moved to Manila when his father worked there. Cheng Xiao is from Beijing, and she was assigned there in Gusu for her medical practice. And she met Yibo when she took a remittance from the bank.

Tall, sexy, and beautiful. Looks more like a commercial model than a nurse. And they are already a couple. Why didn't Yibo tell him about it? Come on, Zhan, does Yibo have to tell you everything about this? his mind whispered.

"Have you met Cheng Xiao, Zhan?" said Carmen. "Yibo's girlfriend. She wants to come to pick it Yibo."

"Yes, we've met, Auntie," he answered accompanied by a smile, and looked at the person next to him. Cheng Xiao gave him a cold nod.

It took five hours from Gusu to the airport and during the trip, he did not remember Cheng Xiao smiling or even looking at him, she ignores him at all when the two of them were in the back of the car and Yibo's parents were in the front.

At the airport, Cheng Xiao immediately ran to Yibo and hugged and kissed Yibo's lips and didn't care if his parents were there. Her arm didn't seem to want to let go of Yibo.

"And I missed you, too," Yibo answered and walked over to his parents and kissed them. Then Yibo let go of Cheng Xiao and faced Zhan. "I brought everything you ordered. I added some original Guess jeans. Not Hong Kong made, huh," Yibo smiled and brought his mouth to Zhan's ear and whispered. "For your dates with your girls."

Laughing, he lightly punched Yibo's stomach. Zhan caught a glimpse of Cheng Xiao's frowning face.

In the car, Cheng Xiao sat between the two of them. She made sure Yibo wouldn't sit beside Zhan. Along the way she did nothing but lean on Yibo's shoulder if not hugging him.