Chapter 10.

— Alyssa's POV —

TW/SH.

Last night spent with Scarlotte was perfect and although we weren't fully alone it still was one of my favourite days I've had with her yet. After dinner, me and Scarlotte spent some time with her brother, it seemed only fair since he made us food, and he wasn't bad company at all.

He didn't ask too much questions about me and what my life is like, and he didn't question the relationship me and Scar have. I have no idea if she's out to her family or if he knows, but the way he reacted to us in bed together gives me a small inkling that he knows something.

We all ended up watching Keeping Up With The Kardashian's, and honestly I was lost the whole time. I never could get into reality television like that, so for the whole hour I was fiddling my thumb against Scar's hand under the blanket we cuddled ourselves up in of the couch.

I didn't expect her to be into reality television but she spoke very passionately about them, and it made me so happy seeing her talk about her interests with such passion.

Soon enough though, we were getting tired and headed to bed, and as we were very aware of how thin the walls are we kept the touched between us to a minimum and stuck to just kissing which is proving more difficult as we continue to spend nights like these together.

We went through bounds of passion, getting too hot and heavy, settling down with intimate kisses and strong eye contact in a way of calming down, listening to each others needs and wants.

It's not hard to point out that Scarlotte's a romantic, she loves the soft touches and the slow kisses, but as they start off, my hormones take over and the passion comes out.

I wasn't sure what time we finally settled down and fell asleep, but I do know she slept in my arms the whole night, her head laid on my chest, her hand interlocked with mine.

Peace.

It was so peaceful with her, and now that's all about to end as I say goodbye to go back home for the whole weekend. We've spent every night with each other this week, it'll be weird not seeing her until school on Monday.

"Do you have to leave? My mom won't be home until tonight, you can stay until then, please." Scarlotte practically beg, kneeling up on the bed, holding out her hands for me.

"I can't, my dad will be home from golf in an hour, and my mom says I need to get home, it's urgent." I shrug my shoulders, and she decides in that moment to give me puppy eyes in which I almost cave. "I'll ring you tonight, we can watch a movie together on Facetime."

"But it's not the same if I can't touch you during it."

"You can touch me all you want on Monday." I say, and her smiles brightens. "Is it okay if I leave my things with you, and you can just pack them? I don't want the extra grief from mom."

"Yeah, of course." She says, and I give her a lingering kiss, turning my back to her. If I don't leave now I fear I never will, and my mom already seems mad.

I jump into my car, quickly getting on the road so I can get home to her. My mind is racing about her message, she doesn't show much emotion through text on a good day, but when she says it's urgent, I can't help but wonder what has happened and why I have to be home before my dad.

It takes thirty minutes to get to my house from Scarlotte's, so unlike the drive to school that takes a mere ten minutes, I have more time to listen to music.

I decide to play Taylor's Folklore album today as it seems fitting for the mood, and I drown out my thoughts are I scream out the lyrics to her song This Is Me Trying.