Epilogue.

— Scarlotte's POV —

One year later...

"When you said you wanted to invite your parents to our wedding I thought you meant your dad and Clair, I just assumed, I'm sorry." My beautiful wife rushes out and I can only smile. Even though I should be mad I could never with her.

"Don't say sorry, you know she won't come anyway, but I'll send mom an invite." I tell her, cupping her jaw in my hands, watching her stressed expression calm. "Dad will be with Clair, and mom will be here with my brother, and if she doesn't turn up, my brother can just bring his girlfriend."

It's not Alyssa's fault that she assumed I'd only invite my dad and his wife to our wedding. Once I got into contact with him and met up when we visited Montana, my mom found out. She was furious, she never gave me an explanation, just that she was disappointed in me, and that I had betrayed her for doing so.

I still talk to my brother often, and I tried so hard through him to get to the bottom of why she no longer speaks to me. It's been a year and I've not got anything as little as a call.

Me and Alyssa had a shotgun wedding three months ago when we visited Las Vegas exactly on the day a year ago from when we got together, I told my brother instantly after and sent him photos. I hoped to have spoken to my mother, but he said she didn't want to talk, so my brother passed on both their congratulations.

And when Allie's parents found out about the wedding, they were so happy for us, but it didn't take them long to turn the conversation into the themes of a second ceremony once we get home. Although we got married quickly without an engagement period, we did marry for love, so doing all over again with our family and friends present sounded just amazing, so once we agreed the wedding planning started.

We get married in two weeks and we return home in just a few days, Allie has one last job to do and then we're free.

The past year has been everything we ever needed. We quickly set up our portfolios while I was painting the landscapes and portraits of photos that Allie had taken, Allie was booking concerts left and right in hopes to get some good shots, and it wasn't long until Allie got scouted by a band that was about to enter it's first arena tour.

We followed them round the states of America for two months, we even circled back to Los Angeles for three home shows, so we of course spent those days with Allie's parents, and we ended the tour off in Las Vegas where we got married.

For the past three months we've been having what one would call a very long honey moon, spending most days wrapped up in the sheets, driving at sunset to our next location and working when necessary.

I never knew travelling on the road would work as well as it did, and honestly, I'm sad it's coming to an end. We promised each other that once College is over with we'll definitely be doing it again though and I can't wait.

"I'm so glad we got married in private it was so less stressful." Allie tells me, and I can only giggle.

"Is that the only reason you married me, hm?" I ask her, and she smirks, giving me an inkling that she's about to tease me.

"That and the sex." She nods, laying back down in our bed, and I shake my head, crashing down beside her. Her laughs erupt and fill the camper like music.

I look out of the windows beside us, seeing the sun set above the Idaho mountains, the ocean looking as beautiful as ever as it does.

I can't believe this is our life now.

A/N

A little glimpse of their life after they left, all things work out the way they're supposed to, and if that means losing some on the way, so be it.

Would it be cringey to say they lived happily ever after?

- Thank  you <3