Chapter 1 page 1

Alaisha POV-

After getting food I went shopping and decided to just read one of my books. My books were one of the few things I always tried to keep with me when moving.

Being on the run and keeping a low profile made it hard to do anything outside of my temporary homes, I couldn't risk being recognized by anybody and I wasn't really a people person anyway.

I loved books and I really did have a lot of time to read them all.

After a couple hours of reading I ended up dozing off, Allowing the nightly torments to begin.

"Hahahaha, lai stop omg" Alaisha tickled her sister making her laugh uncontrollably and this always made Alaisha happy too.

"Girls what's going on in there". They heard their mother ask outside the room so they quickly acted as if they were asleep.

The girls waited until they heard the door closed to open their eyes and a few seconds later they did. "BOO", the girls mother yelled and jumped on top of them. They screamed at the top of their lungs then laughed histaricaly.

They all laughed and once they calmed down their mother asked "what are you girls doing up shouldn't you be resting those pretty little eyes". She then kissed them both on the cheek making them giggle not answering the question right away.

"We wanna sleep mommy but we wanna have fun to Lia's my bestest friend". Mary smiled admiring the girl's friendship hoping it would last a lifetime.

"You're my best friend too Lisha I lov- " "BANG", suddenly they all heard a door slam open causing the twins to jump.
Mary did her best to keep the girls calm giving them a big hug telling them not to be scared.

"I love you girls so much don't ever forget that, no matter what never let anyone tear you two apart. Twins are more than just sisters, you are connected in ways most people would never understand."

Malisha and  Alaisha both started to cry. Not necessarily from fear but confusion, neither of them understood what was going on and they had never seen that look on their mom's face.

They heard loud footsteps coming towards the room and their mom quickly got them out of bed.

The bedroom door slammed open.

Third person POV-

"AHHH" Alisha screamed jumping out of bed panting, struggling to catch her breath.
She was covered in sweat and tears. It took her a minute to calm down and remind herself it was just a dream.

After a few minutes she heard knocking on the door that caused her to jump, she stood up quick and went to the door.

She waited a few minutes hoping they would go away, she looked a mess and the last thing she needed was people asking questions.

"Aye you good in there? I heard yelling"
Alisha recognized the voice as the girl from earlier and opened the door trying to keep her composure and hide the pain she was in.

After every nightmare she'd wake up with a splintering headache on top of her being completely covered in sweat.

She looked at the girl from earlier who was standing with a pregnant girl that looked a little like her. The girl looked worried while the one from before looked perfectly content.