Page 4

Alaisha POV:

I don't even have the energy to protest right now. Zariyah is pretty and doesn't seem threatening in the slightest way and there's something in me telling me to trust her.

When she caught me her touch scared me but at the same time enticed me. It had been so long since I had felt the touch of someone else or even been this close to someone that wasn't a corpse.

Then she picked me up and it felt like I melted in her arms but I refused to let her see that. She's already seen so much. So I told her I'd kill her if she tried something.

She carried me into my room and laid me on the bed. I felt sick, my head hurt but not terribly an my body was weak. "I need a shower" I said sitting up not even meaning to say that out loud. "You think you can stand for that long?". She looked at me with a raised eyebrow and her head tilted.

I tried to sit up on my elbows and fell right back down and angrily put my hands over my head. "No" I said blakely.

I heard her try to stifle a laugh and I quickly sat up and swung my legs over the bed. "Nothings funny I can sit up perfectly fine". She sat down next to me and my brain told me to tell her to get the hell out but for some reason I didn't.

"You don't gotta act all strong, I ain't mean to laugh". I looked at her and analyzed her face, she's really pretty.
"Thank you love but I'm mediocre in comparison to you". She said with a smile on her face.

Oh shit I cannot believe I said that out loud what the fuck. I could feel my face start to get hot then I started to cough. I could feel myself about to throw up so I ran to the bathroom.

I stumbled and fell to the floor by the toilet and let everything out. I felt my hair being pulled back and a hand rubbing my back. I turned around with my face covered in tears. " I did not mean to say-" I felt myself about to throw up again. I quickly turned my head to the toilet. " shhh it's okay I got you". I don't know why but hearing that made me feel a little better even though I don't even know this girl.

Once I was done I noticed my hair was in a low ponytail and Zariyah was gone. It made me feel a little said but oh well. I started to get up and i gargled my mouth with water and washed my hands. I walked to my room and grabbed my tooth brush, tooth paste and mouth wash.

While I was brushing my teeth I heard a soft knock on the bathroom door, I quickly turned around to see Zariyah. "I thought you left" my mouth was full of tooth paste so she couldn't really understand. I turned and spit and finished what I was doing. When I faced her again she was looking down scrolling through her phone. "Sorry, I had thought you left". She looked up and smiled putting her phone away. "No I just went to get some stuff, how are you feeling though?". I brushed past her and went towards the kitchen, now that I was more aware and a bit stronger I can think straight.

Having a stranger that close to my room is just weird no thank you. "A lot better, thank you". I looked at the kitchen counter and saw two bags. I looked back at her confused.

She went over to the bags with a smile on her face. "Not to overstep but I noticed you were lacking a few things so I just thought I'd help. You really need some real cups and plates and silverware but this should do for now. If you want it. If not I'm still gonna leave it, we don't need it we have a lot". She trailed off a bit while taking the stuff out the bag then putting it back it.

She was cute, it was nice but weird because she's literally a stranger. I walked over to her and grabbed her hand.

Without looking up at her I began to speak. "Thank you I'll I keep it, I appreciate it, you don't even know me and you're helping a lot right now. It was silent for a minute then i felt her opposite hand lightly grab my chin, lifting my head to look at her.

As we made eye contact I felt my face start to heat up again. I'm so happy I have my melanin to hide the fact that I'm blushing right now.

"Are you blushing love". My eyes went wide and I quickly turned my head. I heard her laugh a little then start talking. "Sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. But I'm glad to help it's kind of my job." I nodded my head and went to put the stuff away.

"You seem okay now so I'm gonna head out". I looked back from the cabinets and saw her by the door with a small smile on her face. "Yeah okay thanks". She nodded her head and waved while opening the door. "I'll see you later".

As she closed the door I said spoke lowly "unlikely".

🦋
🦋
🦋
🦋
🦋
Awhhhhh they're soooo cuteeeeeee wtf🤭💗 or maybe they're both just really awkward and gay idk🤷🏽‍♀️