Page 8

Riya POV:

I was watching the lion king with my sister when I heard a knock at the door. I looked over at her expecting her to get it.

"Bitch- I know you don't expect me to get that". I cocked my head to the side. "Well shit it ain't gon open itself".

She quickly lifted her hand and smacked me on the side of my head. "Damn T wtf". There was another knock at the door.

"Girl I may be pregnant but we can still fight". I stood up rubbing where she hit and rolled my eyes then stretched. "Awhhh you getting the door thank you sissy". She smiled and rubbed her belly.

"Girl how- you know what nevermind... bipolar ass". I whispered the last part as I walked to the door. Assumed she didn't hear me because there was no response.

I opened the door and it was Alaisha with a box.

I looked her then the box then back at her and raised my eyebrow in confusion. "Since when you making house visits".

Her eyes were red and puffy but she still looked very put together. She didn't show off any emotion though.

"Is it a problem that I'm here?" I shook my head then motioned towards the box. "Nah just asking but what's that".

"I lost my appetite and I didn't want this to go to waste, either way it would've been too much for me to eat".

I started smiling hard then she looked away down the hall. "Z WHO IS IT".
I rolled my eyes hard hearing my sister yell. "Nigga I ain't even that far why you yelling".

"Sorryyy" she dragged it out and I rolled my eyes again playfully and noticed Alaisha was smiling a bit.

"I-" before I could even really speak I was cut off by my sister. "Ohmygosh hiii". Alaisha backed up a little and said hello.

"TT can you go sit back down damn". She smacked me upside my head again. "Dont be rude I'm just saying hello".

"Okay you said hello now say goodbye".
"I'm just going to leave this here, I didn't mean to disturb yall".

She started to hand me the box and I grabbed it. Before I could say anything she started to head back down the hall.

I turned around and TT looked at me confused, without closing the door I told her about the food. After a minute she pulled off the foil and looked at the untouched Mac n cheese, full pan of cornbread and Tupperware container of collard greens.

"She didn't eat any?" I shrugged my shoulders and walked in clinging the door with my foot. "Z are you for real".

I looked at her drowning my eyebrows together in confusion. "What you mean, I ain't even do anything".

"Go ask that girl to eat with us and don't come back unless she's with you". I rolled my eyes and say the box on the table. I let out a sigh then looked at TT again. "Now why would she want to do that, she doesn't really seem like the social type".

"Okay and? She made all that food and didn't eat any. If I remember correctly she didn't even have any dishes of any sort when you went over there. I highly doubt she's been eating" she said sounding so sure of herself and shook her head.

I thought for a minute and found myself agreeing with her, it really wouldn't hurt to ask.

I shrugged my shoulders and went back towards the door, as I was heading out I heard TT saying yay in excitement.

I knocked on the door and after a few seconds she was opening it.

She looked at me confused for a minute. "Um was there something wrong with the food, did you not like it? I'm sorry".