Page 2

Alaisha POV:

When I woke up my head was pounding so I took my time getting off the floor, I walked slowly to my room to get my medicine and took it without water since I didn't feel like using my hand to get water. I really needed to buy some cups.

Usually after my nightmares I can take my medicine right away and be okay for the day but when I don't I get sick and black out.

Thats been happening ever since I was 8. I do my best not to let my feelings take control when it comes to thinking about that day, if I do it'll only cripple me and make my life harder so I push it down every time it comes up. Another thing I do after the nightmares is I write, writing down my feelings and talking with myself about all thats happening helps a lot. Then I burn it.

Alaisha
Day 1 in Chicago
January 1st 2024

Lately I've been wondering why I'm still here? Why I still hide? Why am I doing any of this when it feels so endless. I guess part of me still has hope, I know my mom's gone and my sister too but somethings telling me I'm wrong. Now, I know for a fact my mom is gone, I mean we saw her... she died saving us and even had things in motion to keep us safe moving forward. She was deep in some stuff and had many connections. Out of all those people she wanted Styles to get us so we weren't scared when we saw him. We knew she wouldn't said us with just anyone, even though we had been hit with a world wind of crazy stuff at the age of 8, we trusted our mother more than anyone in the world. When Styles came to get us he gave off a weird vibe but he was really nice which you wouldn't assume by his appearance. We stayed with him for 9 years. I remembered everything he taught us, but the things he had us do from such a young age would haunt anybody that wasn't cut out for it. I trained years for it yet it still hits me at times but I refuse to be overpowered by the guilt of a path I had to take to stay alive. Having my twin with me helped and man I miss her so much she was my rock, she was the only thing keeping me from turning into who I am now. When they told me she died I couldn't believe it at all, something in me was telling me it wasn't real and they got it wrong, she was still alive. She had to be. But I was wrong, when they took me to see her body it felt like someone had ripped out my heart and stomped on it.

When Styles first took us in he told us he was our mother's cousin and this was the only way to keep us safe. He gave us two options for our future, we could learn, and prepare for the dangerous life we were born into and try to live a normal life once we turn 18. Or we could train, learn and leave that life behind to become the world's greatest assassins. He told us if we chose the latter, one day we could take out the people that made our lives so dangerous. We were kids, we wanted normal life's, we followed his rules for years and we had everything planned out just for everything to fall apart. The only way I was going to live a normal life was with my sister. Loosing her almost killed me, instead I chose revenge and I killed the man that took her life not even 4 months after her death. By that point I decided I'd be an assassin, I had absolutely nothing better to do. My life was over, everyone I loved was gone and I was officially alone.
I   Am   Alone

As I finished writing I felt a tear threatening to fall, I quickly wiped it away and stood up. I grabbed the lighter from my book bag and put the paper in the empty metal trash can and burned it.

I decided that even though it was late I was already up I might as well start situating my apartment. When I was out shopping earlier my furniture had been dropped off. Since my employers got the place, they easily let the movers in. Of course they didn't care to set anything up but that's fine I enjoy decorating a little.

Because of me staying places for such a short time I had never really got to decorate before. At one of the places I stayed at I had a tv and watched interior design shows and this old show called Americas Next Top Model.

Before I even start moving anything around I severely need a shower. I started getting my outfit together and I heard a knock at the door. I grabbed my strap and went to the door checking the peep whole.

I couldn't see anybody so I assumed it was finally here. I carefully opened the door and looked at the ground. There was a large black box with the letters ZT in gold cursive letters.

I quickly grabbed the box and brought it inside. Every time I move somewhere new my employers send me a box with the essentials that needed to be replaced.

When I opened the box there was a letter inside, the letters usually just a list of the contents inside the box but sometimes it had my next assignment. I unfolded the letter and saw it was two pages so I guess they've got an assignment for me already.

Drop box #47
1. iPhone for personal use
2. Burner for work use
3. Gift cards
4. 10 jobs (take your pick)
5. Gun for safety purposes
6. Medication refill for a month
7. 3 Pharmacy locations for future refills
8. 4mill layoff pay.

What... this has to be some kind of joke, I've never seen something so stupid in my life. Layoff pay???? What's that supposed to mean, I'm so confused right now.

I quickly started reading the second paper and what I saw... nothing could have prepared me for it. My vision began to grow blurry and my headache threatened to come back. I felt my chest tighten up and I couldn't breathe.

I hadn't felt this in years, I didn't know what to do the only person who knew how to help was gone, or atleast that's what I thought.

🦋
🦋
🦋
🦋
🦋

Ouhhh got a little more info on Alaishas back story, I wonder what was on the letterrr. Omg and who'd she think was gone.... Is it her mom!!? Or maybe her twinnn? Or is there somebody else we don't know about yettttt🫢