Page 12

Rest of flashback from that night
Riya POV

She got so happy about the ice cream and just seeing her happy made me happy but maybe that's just the shots talking.

I got me some cookies n cream ice cream then we went to sit down on the couch.

We just sat there eating silently watching my little pony, it's just something about kids shows at midnight that hits different.

I felt eyes on me then turned to see Alaisha fully facing me with her legs crossed. I looked back at the tv and paused it then looked back at her.

"Wassup ma". She smiled a little and looked away. "Nothingg" she dragged it out.

I stood up and put my hand out for her to grab it. She got up fast and grabbed my hand. I walked her back to my room and she sat on the bed.

I went back in the living room to turn off the tv and lights, when I got in the room she was all up under the covers comfortable and shit.

"Hi" she looked at me cheesing all hard. "Hey, you staying the night?". She looked around and smiled. "Can I".

"Of course". I turned off the light and laid down next to her. "I have a twin". I turned on my side to face her and she did the same facing me. "For real".

"Yeah, I thought she died". My eyes went wide hearing what she just said. "You sure you want to talk to me about this?".

She shrugged her shoulder and sighed. "I don't know, maybe".

"I think you should wait until your sober, I'm a good listener so whenever your ready ma". She laughed a little then spoke again.

"Why do you keep calling me that". I raised an eyebrow then thought for a second. "I don't know, you don't like it? I can stop".

"No I like it". I licked my lips and she smiled at me. "What are your hobbies".

I thought for a minute then answered. "I like working out, trying new foods, running my business and don't laugh but gardening".

"I wouldn't laugh I think that's a really good hobby and you own this apartment complex is their anything else".

"Yeah and I have a clothing brand".
Her eyes went wide, "is that shocking".

"Um kinda, it's mostly just really cool, you're your own boss and you can work whenever you want while doing something you actually enjoy".

In all honesty I don't really acknowledge that very much, I mainly got into it because I don't do well with being bossed around and this building was my dad's before he passed.

We were both very close and he just died of old age 2 years ago. Everybody was as prepared as we could possibly be but it still hit us really hard. My mom could've taken over but she hates this kind of stuff and my sister, she just wants to fall in love and have hella babies.

"Damn I ain't think about it like that for real, work be chill, nobody telling me what to do. I guess you could say I'm blessed and highly favored".