Page 6

Alaisha POV:

I had just got back from the gym and decided I was going to go ahead and set up that phone.

I really just want to do absolutely anything to keep my mind off the shit that I just heard.

I went and got the phone out the box and sat on the floor as it powered on.

After a few minutes I started setting it up. I really didn't have much to set up since the number and iCloud was already on there.

I decided to download YouTube and look at some cooking videos to further distract myself. I watched a few videos and decided why not just cook something myself.

Honestly all the time I spent on my own the past couple years I got pretty good at cooking. This would be my first time cooking in my new place so it should be interesting.

My favorite thing to make was shrimp Alfredo but I wasn't really in the mood for that, I picked a recipe from one of the videos and started checking the kitchen for the ingredients.

I plan on making some Mac n cheese, cornbread and collard greens. Obviously I can't eat all that by myself but the more I make the longer I'm occupied.

I didn't have most of the ingredients I needed so I grabbed my stuff to go to the store.

Riya POV:

Before I got to the store I stopped for gas and when I walked in I saw my homeboy Trev.

"Mannn I know that ain't my nigga Trev" I laughed and dapped him up real quick. "Bruh Riy feel like I ain't seen you in years, must got you ah shorty keeping you inside".

"You funny you know I ain't never let no females keep me inside".

I laughed then remembered my sister pregnant ass the reason I'm inside

"Actually you right, TT done got knocked up I'm over here playing uncle staddy"

Trev got weak at my comment while he showed the cashier his ID to get his alcohol. "You funny as hell for that bruh but nah how you been".

"I been chilling, focusing on stacking up, what bout you, you still messing with old girl?"

"Real shit I been doing the same you know I always got that stuff". Trev been dealing since we were in the 7th grade, it seemed like 90% of the people we grew up with were in the streets or got took by them.

I made a promise I'd never be apart of that life and I've kept it this far and I'll stand on it always.

"And me and Keisha been getting into it, she always on that hoe shit and think I don't know".

We both shook our heads, I will never rap my head around how they're still together after all they did to each other.

Another promise I made, I will never stay in some toxic bull, that's all that be out here nowadays hence why I stay single.

I doubt Alaisha's anything like that.

The random thought caught me off guard but I quickly shook it off.

"That cheating shit ain't no joke bruh, why you still messing with her though"
He looked at me then grabbed his bags so I could pay for my gas. " Honestly I don't even know myself gang, I been with her for 8 years, she cheat I cheat but we always got each other I guess".

I payed for my stuff and looked back at him. " I feel you bruh long as you happy".

He stared at me for a minute before answering, " Yeah yeah nuff said about shorty, you trying to link this weekend, Big J throwing a house party Saturday night.