Page 16

1 week later

Alaisha POV:

"So I see here on your resume you have two degrees and have worked in about 4-5 different trades over the past 3 years".

Why- dude I should've looked at the resume before I just handed it to them. I don't even know.

"Yes, I have. I like to switch it up a lot so I can experience everything but I never just leave a job high and dry, I'm a loyal and reliable employee and I'm at a point where I'm looking for a more permanent job".

Ouhhh I almost believed myself, that was literally perfect.

"Okay that's exactly what we're looking for, but I will say you seem a bit overqualified for the position".

I mean she's not wrong but I didn't expect her to say that. Time to lie a little more.

"That's true but I've just always wanted to work at an ice cream store, it just reminds me of my childhood you know? Going to get ice cream every Tuesday after school with my parents. Well atleast until the a-"

I let my eyes water  and sniffled for some affect then continued.

" I'm sorry this is so unprofessional it's just-"

"Oh no no honey you are perfectly fine say no more, being overqualified shouldn't even be an issue your obviously perfect for this job and you seem passionate about it, I'll reach out to you within the next couple days for a follow up and we'll get all the paperwork signed the job is yours".

I smiled and dapped my eyes with the tissue she gave me. Maybe I should be an actor.

"Wow thank you so much you don't know how much this means to me".

Zariyah POV:

I was waiting outside of the ice cream place around the corner from the apartment. It had been like a week since the Olive Garden the and we never spoke about it and I guess that's fine.

I don't know why she walked out on me like that and swear if it was anybody else I'd ghost them but it's not. We hang out almost every day and she been getting me more comfortable with me, even stayed the night at her place the other day but you know we just friends and shit.

I had zoned out then heard knocking on the window, I looked up and Alaisha was standing there smiling but her eyes were a little red.

I unlocked the door and she got in. As soon as she got in she leaned over and kissed my cheek. She been doing that shit all the time and I'd be lying if I said it ain't make me wet as fuck but... we just friends.

Not only does she do that bs all the time time if I get too close to her without her initiating it it's a problem.

I had been letting it slide up until now, I like her and I want more with her I hate how this shits going and when I told my sister she almost beat my ass then I had to threaten to beat hers if she said something to lai.

I'm grown as hell and can handle myself she ain't gotta say nothing to nobody.

I rolled my eyes and started the car.

"Girl you gonna tell me how it was"

"Eh

"Eh what? What you mean eh"

I looked over and she looked sad. She had liked so happy a few seconds ago I guess that was her way of hiding emotions.

I reached over and grabbed her hand intertwining our fingers and she didn't even flinch she just rubbed the back of my hand with her thumb.