Chapter 1: An Endless Voyage without Passion or Purpose

An Endless Voyage without Passion or Purpose

I know I shouldn't be thinking of this right now, especially since I am on my deathbed, but why do I lie?

To go back, there were once sixteen of us trapped in this school. We were thrown into a killing game where we were forced to kill each other. In the beginning, I thought it would be best that we cooperated; however, after the first murder, I came to a fatal realization about my situation: I was a potential threat to the mastermind.

The mastermind, the absolute bane of my existence, the one who entrapped me in this game and forced me to play out this game that puts each other against each other. For what purpose, for damn entertainment!

Over time, the number of us dwindled to fourteen, twelve, nine, and now, seven, but that's soon to decrease to six and maybe even five.

I had to lie to myself in order not to completely break. I had to become the villain so that no one would mourn for me when I departed from this world shortly.

Most importantly, I lied because I was too afraid. Afraid to open up to anyone, not even Saihara. Putting my trust isn't in my nature; however, now that I think about it, I am lying down on the cold exterior of the hydraulic press waiting for Momota, who looked to be hesitating, to begin. If my plan needs to succeed, I must put my trust in someone I despise.

I wonder, if I were to have opened up to Saihara or even Momota, maybe I wouldn't need to be going through a suicide plan right now. Perhaps I wouldn't have to be so isolated from everyone else.

I think back to the family I created, the only ones I have been able to open up to in my life, my followers, who are a part of DICE. Even though none of us were related, we were like a small village, and I cared for each of them.

I don't want to be alone anymore. I'm not someone who can live in solitude, but alas, I am about to die. Momota is finally prepared. I let out a weak smile in his direction, allowing him to lower the press.

I closed my eyes and took my last breath right as the press was about to make contact with my body.

Shirogane-chan, thank you. Yumeno-chan, thank you. Momota-chan, thank you. Harukawa-chan, thank you.

Keeboy, I am sorry for messing with you. You were too suspicious for my liking.

Last but not least, Saihara-chan, the one I latched onto, hoping that he would reach out to me. I am sorry, but you were ultimately correct. I am alone, and I deserve it.

From the bottom of my heart, I wished someone could reach out to me if I had another chance. That is my truth as Ouma Kokichi.

CRASH!

♚♘◼◻◼◻-LIARS-◼◻◼◻♞♔