Chapter 11: Angels and Demons 1

It was the eve of May 1st, and after everything that occurred today, from watching my class being obliterated by my instructor to somehow recuperating the mood by agreeing to study sessions and taking a loan from Nagumo, I felt elated.

For the night, I decided that I was going to add to my sketchbook, which I had left sitting in the dust for a while. Opening the book revealed sketches of the faces of around 33 of my classmates, and to the side of each face are some notes about each of their attributes that I have observed from them over the course of April.

Some profiles, like the one about Yosuke-chan, are more detailed than others, but I guess most of my classmates are either too busy moping over the lack of points or using time to study. I have time to complete the remaining sketches of my classmates that I am missing.

So, I changed out of my uniform and threw on my favorite night hoodie and shorts for pajamas and the fake glasses I wore on the bus to give myself the relaxing, studious student vibe.

I grabbed a purple panta from my fridge and sipped the refreshing beverage before heading towards my desk seat to get to business.

As I was getting into the mood to begin my following sketch, I could hear a knock at the door...

DING DONG!

And the ringing of my doorbell. This guest really wants to make it known that they want something from me.

"Coming!" I shouted from my seat before getting up and approaching my unexpected visitor.

Let's see who could be visiting me at this time of day. Maybe it's one of my neighbors who needs something, or perhaps a worker who is about to complain about my mailbox again, but they usually do that on days off and in the morning.

Well, I put on a bright smile as I opened the door to my visitor, and the person at my door was not who I expected in the slightest.

It was a crimson-eyed girl with black hair and one braid tied with a blue ribbon who had a stern look on her face. The two of us have really only interacted a handful of times after the picnic I hosted a while back, so for her to show up at my door suddenly felt sort of off to me.

"Ah, Horikita-chan! What brings you here tonight?"

"Sakura-san, if I may take a moment of your time, I would like to discuss a few matters pertaining to the school with you."

I stared at my unexpected visitor with wide eyes. Has she turned a new leaf and decided to put her ego aside and help the class? Regardless of what brought her to me, I had no reason to refuse her.

"Sure, um... Welcome to my humble abode!" I led Horikita into my abode, and as she scanned my room, I saw that my room was minimal with the interior design. "Feel free to sit on my bed if you please."

As she accepted my request and sat on my bed, I plopped onto my chair near the desk and grabbed my purple panta from my desk. I noticed Horikita was scanning the whiteboard in my room, but she decided to hold off on any comments about it.