Chapter 4.5: To Heal Your Heart

I received a message from Sakura expressing her desire to visit me. I have already rejected other people for visiting me or inviting me out. However, Sakura was slightly different from the others.

Sakura was hurt yesterday, those tears in her eyes, and what did I do to help her during her time of need? Nothing. I was too busy trying to make up excuses for Yamauchi's crime, yet he was also a classmate I wanted to care for. Though, can I?

DING DONG! DING DONG! DING DONG! DING DONG! DING DONG!

So, she showed up at my place and is now ringing the doorbell. I don't want to face her right now, and I don't have the right to do so. I failed her. So please leave Sakura. I can't bear to have you see me in this state. 

"If your ass doesn't open this door! I am busting inside!"

The door muffled her voice; it was more assertive than her normal voice. I guess everyone has a side to them that they don't reveal to others. Like right now.

"I told you that I didn't want attention today."

I tried to shout back as loud as possible, clearly angry and frustrated at her, but she wouldn't comply. 

"Well, too bad, I hate taking orders from emo boys!"

KA KLINK

She opened my door somehow, and I didn't even know one could do something like that here. I could report her to the school, but at this point, she won't budge. 

As she made her way into my bedroom, I was lying on my bed, clearly frustrated. What's worse is that she doesn't seem as if she will leave anytime soon.

She had this unreadable expression so that I couldn't discern her motives. For all I knew, anything could be inside her two bags. Then she made herself to my bed and sat down right next to where I was lying down, placing the two bags next to her.

"Wow, Hirata-chan, you look absolutely miserable right now!"

Those were the last words I would expect to hear from Sakura. From the time I got to know her, she always seemed playful but friendly. However, I guess she is upset at my behavior. It's frustrating, to say the least, that was the last thing I needed to hear from someone today. 

"Yeah, so what? Are you just here to make fun of me, or what else are you here for?"

"Well, I did come here to have a chat with you. Look, I even made dinner for you."

Inside one of the bags was a box with a bowl of natto mixed with eggs, umeboshi, and daikon radish. It looked refreshing, to say the least; I couldn't deny that fact.

"You made all of this for me?" 

"Yep, I prepped the soybeans myself, so that you know. Talk to Aya-chan. He'll tell you how good of a cook I am. Nishishi!"

I stared at the dish Sakura had prepared for me. It looked delicious. However, I couldn't help but not be sure if it was okay to eat it or not. I never am the type who likes to waste someone else's resources. 

"Are you sure I can eat this?"

She nodded aggressively as if she was signifying that eating the food she prepared for me was okay. I feel guilty that she made me something to eat when I have nothing to give her in return. 

"If you're worried about me not eating, I ate before arriving, so eat to your pleasure."

I guess that answers my question. I got up from lying and sat right next to the pink-haired girl. She had an adorable smile when she handed me the natto dish.