Chapter 9: Survive

Wednesday, May 1st.

It was the first day of the new month, and as I opened my eyes, I saw Yosuke-chan's back covered by a black T-shirt facing towards me. It seemed he was still asleep, so as I got off the bed, I ensured I wouldn't wake him up from his beauty sleep. He's going to need it. 

I approached the room's window and noticed it was cloudy outside. I'm no weather forecaster, but looking at the clouds, I saw that there was also a good chance of rain. If something was needed to set the atmosphere within the class later today, it's depressing weather. 

Weather aside, I checked my original phone, which I picked up a few days after the clerk incident, to check my current point balance and noticed that nothing had changed from the night before --around 6,346 points.

As of now, it is a little past 5:30 AM. Since I do not recall Chabs-sensei mentioning the specific time when the points will be deposited, I assumed that it would occur at midnight. Therefore, unless the points are deposited at the beginning of class, the students in Class D are not getting any points today. 

Yosuke-chan will not take this new development well once he checks his point balance, so I decided to have a sleepover with him last night to ensure he can hold himself. I need him to be someone the class can rely on, and for someone who will struggle today, he will need me on his side in order to ensure the best outcome out of our horrible situation. 

So, I went to his kitchen and gathered the necessary ingredients and supplies to make two oyakodon servings. Since the two of us started going out as a fake couple, I started using his kitchen to cook, just so I could be with Yosuke-chan more often, regardless of whether he was in his room. 

"Morning, Airi-san."

While preparing breakfast, my boyfriend's raspy but sweet voice called out my name, which never got old. The aroma in the kitchen seems to have awakened him from his peaceful slumber.

He looked tired and was still in his pajamas from the previous night, but he didn't look like he was panicking. I guess he still hasn't checked his phone to see his point balance, which explains his casual mood right now. 

"Morning Yosuke-chan!" 

I greeted back enthusiastically as he started to walk towards the kitchen area, trying to see what I was making. 

"Oyakodon?" He muttered before letting out a yawn. 

"Yep! Since I was here, I thought I might as well make breakfast for both of us. Just think of it as a thank you for being at my side. Nishishi!"

"Well, you didn't need to do this, but thank you again."

My face voluntarily went red as I answered his curiosity about what I was making. However, despite how his presence awakened me, I needed him to check his phone and return to me in a panic.

"It'll take a while, so why don't you freshen up first while I finish here."

After agreeing reluctantly, he headed back into his room. However, I knew he wouldn't be at peace for the rest of the day. Following his departure, I prepared some lavender tea he had stored in his pantry. Although I can't describe the taste of this tea, the internet describes it as floral or soapy. Nevertheless, I do know that it has calming properties that can alleviate menstrual issues or help with de-stressing. Having helped me in the past week, I believe it could help him during his next appearance when he comes to me in a panic after he freshens up.

Eventually, the oyakodon and lavender tea finished. While preparing the dishes for the meal, I noticed Yosuke-chan come out of his room. He had a nice, fresh scent and looked professional compared to me, as I was still wearing the pajamas I woke up in.