Chapter 10: It's Magic

"Ayanokoji-kun from first-year Class D. Please see Chabashira-sensei in the faculty office."

While Sakura and Hirata were at the whiteboard preparing for the incoming discussion, a loudspeaker with a robotic voice called out to me. 

With the announcement concluding, I could feel the eyes of my classmates piercing right in my direction, questioning what I had done to end up in trouble. I wasn't concerned about getting in potential trouble, but for the time being, I got up from my seat and departed the classroom without saying a word. 

As nimble as a cat, I started to make my way toward the faculty office. After a while, I found my way and decided to take a peek inside to see if I could find Chabashira-sensei. I couldn't, and instead, I found another teacher inspecting herself in the mirror, touching up her light brown shoulder-length hair.

"Excuse me, is Chabashira-sensei here?"

"Hmm? Sae-chan? Oh, she was just in here a few moments ago."

As I took my head to the entrance to the faculty room, the beautiful woman walked out of the room to inspect me closer. If I had to guess, the person I was talking to was presumably a friend and colleague of Chabashira-sensei. 

"Do you want to wait in here? It shouldn't be long before she returns?"

"I'll wait out here. Thank you for the offer, though."

Personally, I don't like the attention that comes from being present in the faculty room, but unfortunately, the woman hasn't been done interrogating me just yet. 

"I'm Hoshinomiya Chie, in charge of Class B. Did you know Sae-chan and I have been the best of friends since high school? Not only that, but we called each other Sae-chan and Chie-chan."

Best friends? I wonder what a best friend is like. 

Are Sakura and I best friends? She calls me Aya-chan as a cheesy nickname, and I'm the only one she gave a nickname to for some reason. 

Should I give her one in return? 

Regardless of my relationship status with Sakura, I still didn't care about the superfluous information that this instructor gave me just now. 

"Hey! Hey! Why did Sae-chan call you? Huh? Huh?"

She continued to pester me for more information. If I'm not mistaken, she is suspicious of me and is trying to see if there is anything special about me. Unfortunately for her, she isn't the first to act like this around me. Sakura has also been like this for the prior month, trying to dig information out of me. 

It wouldn't be shocking if Sakura suspects I know at least parts of the school's S-system before today. Not that it particularly matters to me, as I have been allowing her to learn more about my abilities, but as long as she knows her limits, I don't think I have to take any precautionary actions with her.

But right now, at this moment... I have no reason to reveal myself to anyone else. 

"I can't answer your question, I don't know." I lied. 

"Right, I remember you! You were the one from that viral dance video from the club fair! Say, I really loved your moves. You have to tell me your name!"

"Ayanokoji Kiyotaka."

"Ayanokoji-kun? Wow, that's a fabulous name. Since you're a good dancer, you must be pretty popular amongst your class, aren't you?"

If being the lonely guy that the popular girl befriended for some reason, you could say I am popular. 

"Hey, that pink-haired girl you were dancing with, Sakura-san was her name, wasn't it? She's your girlfriend, right?"