Chapter 7: The Choice is Yours

♚♘ ------------- ♞♔

Author's Note:

Graphic physical violence will be depicted in this chapter. For those who might feel uncomfortable reading about this topic, then I would advise you to stop reading here.

For everyone else: Enjoy :)

 ♞♔------------- ♚♘

Today is Monday, April 23rd. A week and a half have passed since I arranged the book club picnic to observe Horikita and Kikyo's behavior. As I was lying on my bed, I was thinking back to what occurred these past ten days. Between then and now, most of my time revolved around spending time with a multitude of individuals across this school, ranging from classmates to upperclassmen that Nagumo introduced me to. I am well known by most within this school. I wouldn't even be bragging to say I am the most popular girl in my year, only being rivaled by Ichinose. 

Not that it particularly matters to me, but it is nice to rub it in Kikyo's face that more people like me than her. 

However, that popularity that I have most likely won't last as I and Hirata have been spending more time together, whether it be visiting him during soccer practice or just hanging out with him. I'd like to say we got closer as friends, but to everyone else, we'll be officially going out today. Once my classmates figure this out, it'll definitely cause a chain reaction, for better or worse, though I wouldn't particularly mind if Kikyo overtakes me in popularity when that happens.

At the same time, I have been getting closer to Nagumo, trying to get more information from him, but it's just a back-and-forth mind game between us at this moment. However, I didn't really learn anything new from spending time with him, but that will probably change once May 1st comes around when he can probably boast about his achievements that he couldn't have done so already. Maybe, even get more information about the student council.

If I hadn't made my plans with Hirata so soon, I probably would've tried to date him instead. I think I had a chance with him, despite me being in Class D and him from Class A.

Right now, though, while contemplating my thoughts, I was in a horrendous mood when I started to feel cramps around my abdomen. I knew this day was coming sometime this month unless it turned out I was an irregular, but it's that time of the month.

Fortunately, I anticipated this, so I stockpiled feminine products like tampons, pads, and some painkillers on the first day of school since I didn't remember my schedule for my periods or preferences on how to handle them. I feel some embarrassment that I have to relearn how to handle a period because of my messed up memories. However, somehow, I managed to get it all settled on my own without creating too big of a mess. 

After freshening up and changing into my uniform, I decided to change my hair a bit today. Normally, I tie some portions of my hair up in a similar fashion to my online persona, Shizuku, but today, I decided to let everything flow naturally, just as I was in that sort of mood, a poor one. 

Now that I've awakened to a new side of myself, I checked my phone for the time and saw that I had some time until classes started. So I waltzed toward my whiteboard to observe my changes. 

Looking at the four sections that I drew back on the first day of school, I see that they seem pretty accurate, at least the ones for the A, B, and D sections. However, the C section, unlike the others that have fully detailed drawings I made, just has a bunch of bullet points about my speculation of how Class C operates.

Over the past week, I've been spending time with Shiina whenever I feel like studying Japanese history. From our talks, I've concluded that she is a massive oddball in her class. Therefore, she isn't very aware of what occurs inside her class. This is no fault of her own, as she also stated that her class is pretty violent, and she tends to avoid the fights within her class.