Chapter 23

Author's POV - 

Riya was standing outside the balcony, looking at her Procession. She saw the groom inside the car. Meera came and stand beside her. She patted her head softly and ask. 

"Are you ready to start a new life." Meera asked. Riya nodded her head and shifter her gaze back at the procession. Her grip on balcony railing got tighter. 

Madhu came to balcony towards Riya and told, "Riya come let's go to the mandap. Groom and his family had arrived." 

.

.

.

.

Kanya Aagaman which means "The arrival of bride". Bride does not go to mandap by herself, her father, brother , nephew, sisters and friends flank her to mandap.  Riya was being flank by her brother, father , few cousins of her which came directly today. 

Office works were also present there. Few judged her yet few were happy and supported her. Riya stood at the mandap but everyone from looking at her. 

Usually bride comes after groom arrives but here bride came before groom. Everyone were looking forward to groom. "Maybe the groom ran away." One of Rani's relative taunt Riya. 

Everyone gasped except the Singh and Kapoor family. "The bride is so unlucky that groom ran away. Thank god my son is not her groom. Maybe the bride is bringing bad luck for your family Mrs Kapoor." One of the lady spoke who was present there. 

Rahul lost his mind listening to that lady and started marching towards her but Meera grabbed him by her hands and signal him to look at mandap. He saw Riya signalling him not to do and stay quiet. 

She didn't wanted to ruin today's day because of some useless people and their useless thoughts. 

"The groom did not ran away." A voice came and everyone turned their head towards the voice direction. Groom was standing there with his bloodshot eyes glaring at everyone. 

Aditya took his steps forward and stumbled. Rani look at her son is disbelief. Everyone present out there make out that the groom was drunk. Prem clenched his jaws in anger. Anurag and Radha were distrust and same goes for Niharika and Akshit. 

Seeing there brother in this condition made them feel sorry for Riya. Few people were pitying the bride and few were just cursing the bride. 

Akshit went near his brother and hold his arms. He whispered "what's wrong with you bhai. Why are you drunk and behaving like this." (Brother). 

Aditya removed his arms and spoke "what's wrong with me. I am just totally lost in someone today." He said and made his way towards the mandap. 

Riya was horrified looking at Aditya. She was not expecting a scene like this. He bought a shame on her family. She was fine if he insulted her but he insulted her family. 

She clenched her hands in a tight fist. Riya tried to pull herself together. Aditya came and stand near Riya. He smiled at her and hugged her tightly. Riya smelled a strong smell of alcohol and she felt nauseous. 

She started pushing him away from her but he was not willing to let her go. He kept mumbling "because of you I lost everything. Because of you." 

Akshit and Niharika hurriedly went at the mandap and pulled him away from Riya. 

"Let's begin with varmala rasam." The priest said. Both bride and groom were handed with a varmala. Riya made him wear a varmala followed by Aditya. 

Click...