My thoughts on ENTPs

Okay, time for what I think about ENTPs. It's kind of difficult to answer. 

If I'm being super honest, ENTPs used to be my LEAST favorite personality type. I know that sounds harsh. Now I am trying to understand how their mind works, and their blind spots as well as my own so I may have better connections with ENTPs I might meet in the future. Now that I think about it, I had a fun teacher who was an ENTP, so they're not all bad. 

Part of this is the fact my dad is an ENTP, and we have trouble understanding each other. I was on YouTube, and this girl who was an ENTP made a short saying that NT (Intuitive Thinking) types (INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, ENTP) always have to tiptoe around types who use Fi (Introverted Feeling) (INFP, ENFP, ISFP, ESFP) because Fi users can always talk about their feelings, but if an NT type shares what they think, the Fi user will get mad. 

I honestly couldn't disagree more and here is why (the YouTuber I am talking about makes good videos by the way, I just don't always agree with her opinions on MBTI). 

-INTJs and ENTJs use Fi. If anything they will have more trouble understanding Fe than Fi. 

-INTPs don't have an Fi blind spot. 

-ENTPs and ESTPs both have an Fi blind spot and despite the fact that many of them don't care and think they're superior in terms of using logic, I've noticed this blind spot creates hinderances in their life including feeling aimless and nihilistic, lack of self-awareness, difficulty understanding their own emotions, and the inability to respond to Fi, especially when used in conjunction with Te. 

-My own experiences with ENTPs have had them being immediately dismissive of my feelings and treating me like I am burdensome. I am also unable to have discussions about how I feel, or how they feel in a way that is grown up and healthy. They also despise how my emotions dictate my decisions or my energy levels and they think I'm selfish if I make a decision based in my own self-interest. My dad got pissed with me when I broke up with someone, even though I'm an adult, and how I choose to conduct my relationships is my business. Anytime I am crying or hurt, he has gotten angry, blamed my problems on me, or has said something else to hurt me more. 

Now obviously I'm sure not all ENTPs are like this, but I haven't had a positive experience with an ENTP who is a major figure in my life. I know my Fi can sound like excuses, but it can be extremely hard for me to work through on my own. Regardless, maybe I'll make an ENTP friend one day who isn't dismissive, and since I can be blunt and insensitive too, especially when it comes to politics, I say bring it on.