Chapter 8 : Painful Distances

Riya's Pov

I woke up, looked around with my vision adjusting slowly. Oh god! Not another new bedroom. Atleast I have my clothes on, which give off the stench of alcohol. I again have no recollection of last night.. Just faint images... I got into a car with... Anika!! And.... Then we KISSED!! What The Holy Shit...

I looked around, the room was filled with prizes and trophies and on a desk was a small frame with Anika's picture. I was at Anika's house!!

I walked out of the room. Anika was fast asleep on the couch. She looked so innocent and calm while sleeping. No one would be able to tell what a bitch she is.

I think she sensed me somehow or her sleep was shallow coz she suddenly smirked even though her eyes were closed. "How long will you stare at me like that? "

"I... I'm not staring at you!! I was just waiting for you to wake up coz I want answers! Why the hell am I here? You took advantage of me again, didn't you?" I asked embarrassedly.

"Hmm... Maybe. Report to office soon. You can use the spare clothes in my cupboard", She got up, took her coat and walked off the main door.

I was stunned and stupefied. Her tone seemed weird. I don't know what I was even expecting from her. But I guess I had false hopes for some kind of a longer explanation or answer or maybe a taste of her sassy bitchy attitude.

I changed into a shirt and formal parallel trousers from her cupboard and left for office. She could have atleast given me a drive. But I guess she didn't want people to see us together and speculate.

A week has passed now. She didn't speak a word to me. I did visit her office at times to submit some files but she didn't even look at me. I don't know what I expect from her but my heart aches whenever we pass by each other in the corridors and he doesn't even look at me. I know I am a stranger to her but I want something more. I know I shouldn't, but I do. I know I never mattered to her anyways. I am supposed to submit my assignment at her office in 5 mins. I have to talk to her or else this heartburn will kill me.

I enter her office. As usual she doesn't look up from her laptop. "Keep it on the desk and leave", she orders. I roll my eyes. I walk towards her and stop beside her. " I need to ask u something ", I spoke up. " What? ", she replied in her usual uninterested tone. " What happened that night? "

She stopped typing and exhaled deeply. "Nothing, we just fucked", she said without looking up at me. " Then why are you ignoring me since then? ", I asked in an agitated tone. " Ignoring? What do you want me to do? Kiss you and greet you every time I see you? I am just your boss and for me you are just my employee and a one night stand. Don't expect more. Whatever hopes you have from me are bound to shatter".

She is right. What was I even expecting? It was just another one night stand for her even though it was the best night of my life. I want to feel it again. Even though afterwards I am engulfed by guilt of letting her exploit me but it can't compare to the pleasure she gives me.

"What if... What if... I want another one night stand? ". Omg, what am I even saying??!! This is not me!!

She got up from her chair and looked at me. " What if I reject your offer? " .
What the hell?!! This is the most embarrassing situation of my life. I didn't expect to get rejected like this! What am I even supposed to say to that? I already sound so desperate. Why on earth am I even expecting Sex from my Boss!!
"It's ok. I'm sorry. I forgot I am no one to you. And I know you like having sex with new people everyday. I just couldn't stop thinking about you for the past few days". Omg I am actually confessing it. But honestly it's for the best. I will resign from this job, cause the more I see her everyday, the more I'll crave her touch. I know confessing all this is embarrassing but once I resign I am never gonna meet her again. I don't know how I'll find another job but it's the best option for my mental peace.

I was about to leave but she held my waist and placed me on the table. "I can't give you love. I know that's what you truly want from me. But I can't let you get attached to me any more than you already are. That's why for your own good you should leave. But just so you know, since the day I fucked you, I couldn't fuck anyone else cause all I could think about was you. And I never took advantage of you. I know I shouldn't touch you but even while I am saying all this, I can't stop imagining you naked and how badly I wanna trace your curves with my tongue". I turned red again. My heart is beating so fast she can prolly hear it. Oh my god, I can't believe she actually said this.

"Do it.", I replied with a certain surge of confidence.
" I hope you are sure about what you are saying cause once I start I won't be able to stop. "
"I am sure. ", I replied.
She smirked.