Chapter {10}.

CC's Point Of View: 

As Cairo released my hand and stood up, I quickly followed her steps and stood up.

-"Where do you think you're going, Woman?"

-"I'm going to find out who was that. Want to join me?"

-"That's not even an option! Yes because I am not letting you go there alone".

Cairo looked at me with Confusion and was about to ask something, but another sound coming from there stopped her. 

She went towards the cabin and took out a....a Knife and a Gun!?!

She handed me the knife, while she reloaded her gun.

I stared at the woman in shock, and couldn't comprehend what was going on. Cairo Sweet has a Real Ghostface Knife and a Real Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II.

-"What?" asked the Latina, neutrally as if having these weapons was normal.

-"Uh...Doesn't my look already ask for an explanation for having such weapons at home?"

She sighed and then took another glimpse of her reloaded gun.

-"Self-Defense".

And with that, she left for the kitchen, while I stood there trying to process her reason for having such dangerous weapons.

While following her, I spoke whispering -"You know, after seeing you having these weapons, I might be having suspect over you being the killer of that old man...No Offense..."

My tone got lower, the times the words were formed in my mouth. Cairo kept on looking here and there and spoke matching my voice, -"...I feel like you complimented me rather than offending. I could have appreciated those words more if I actually killed him..."

I rolled my eyes and kept on following her lead. We looked like partners, about to steal a really expensive Stuff. 

My nervous hands had the worst hold of the knife. Probably my legs could have done a better job.

Without warning something crashed from above the stairs and Cairo landed bumping into me. Both of us are now on the floor. Opening our eyes, I could feel the weird situation we got ourselves in. 

At that moment, Cairo's body was nestled onto my stomach, with my hands carefully cupping her waist. Her fingers delicately rested on my shoulders, trying to keep her balance. 

Our eyes locked in a mutual understanding, a wordless exchange of emotions that spoke volumes. No words were needed as we gazed into each other's eyes, lost in the moment.

Our Lips Inches Apart...

A Deep shade of red appeared underneath my skin, becoming the permanent color of my tone. I tried to form words, but Cairo insisted on doing it, whispering -"Well this is certainly embarrassing..." 

She stood up and adjusted her clothes and hair, offering me a hand to stand up. 

I took her hand, never being able to support myself after witnessing such a moment with the girl, I might be drooling over for months now...

-"Come on...Let's see who now caused that..."

Her words were slow and never came out as usual. I understood her state, as I know that I would have been worse if I were in her shoes.