Seven

"Each betrayal begins with trust."
-MARTIN LUTHER

~~

My shift ended two hours ago. I volunteered to stay back until eight to ensure everything was done just to avoid going home. Liam didn't show up at the cafe and I couldn't tell if I was relieved or upset.

I probably scared him off, "it's probably for the best. I know Jack has his faults and our relationship is rocky but we are in love. We are forever" I tell myself. It scares me that I'm not sure if I believe it or not.

I enter the apartment and once again it's empty. I decided to take an hour to walk home instead of the usual half an hour. It was nine at night so it wasn't the best idea but it's Friday in a coastal town with heaps of colleges. There's a massive nightlife here I wasn't scared. Since my talk with Liam, I've gone back to not feeling anything again.

"It's safer that way," I tell myself as I look in the wardrobe for something to wear to the party. Jack already left before I got home. His school stuff is here but it's Lacey's party. There's no way he'll miss it. I don't want to go but it's my only chance to spend some time with him before he disappears for the weekend.

I finally settle on a short white dress that doesn't flatter me at all and I know I'll be cold in but it's one of the outfits approved by Jack and I don't want to make him upset. I do shove a pair of leggings in my backpack that he won't have to know about.

It's almost midnight by the time I finish getting ready and order an Uber. The party is in full swing and I wonder if Liam is here. I'm unsure why I invited him. Maybe it'll be nice to have someone to talk to instead of sitting down somewhere by myself or trying to see if I can get a glimpse of Jack ... trying to get a glimpse of my own boyfriend. How pathetic.

I start walking through the party. I see a few people I recognise. They either ignore me which I don't mind or they whisper to the person next to them and sometimes they snicker. That hurts.

Why do I do this to myself? "Because of Jack. You love Jack. It's to keep our relationship strong" I tell myself but my confidence in it is fading.

Lacey's house is massive and it's three storeys. I spot Jack on the landing of the second floor so I start to make my way over to him. The stairs are turning staircases so he can't see me from where his standing but I can hear the conversation he's having with Connor a guy from the group.

"So you're officially fucking Brianna. Nice work Man. Is it true you had a threesome with them yesterday at the beach?" Connor says. I stop walking and hold my breath. I didn't see a third person on the landing. Surely there is and he's not asking Jack that.

"Fuck yes, I did. As if I'll reject the two hottest girls in college and stop them from sucking my cock at the same time" Jack laughs, "I had my cock in Lacey. My mouth sucking Brianna's pussy. I was in heaven bro. Brianna and I have been fucking for a month now" Jack says I can hear the proudness in his voice.

I want to cry. I want to scream
I want to bang my head against the wall, go up there push him off the landing and tell him I hate him but I can't. So instead I stay and listen to my world ending.

"Why don't you dumb that fat girlfriend of yours"
Connor laughs, "Why are you still with that ugly bitch. Do don't even like her? None of us to."

"I don't know man. She's fun to drag along and it's funny seeing her suck my cock after it's been inside Brianna. I'm dumping her though soon. Brianna said she's finally ready to go out with me" Jack says.

I don't hear the rest. Someone grabs me from behind and takes me outside. I just let them, I'm in shock and I want to vomit.

No.
I need to vomit.
Now!