Twelve

Sometimes, all you can do is lie in bed and hope to fall asleep before you fall apart.
-WILLIAM C. HANNAN

~~

It's been a week since the breakup. I've done nothing but stay on the couch and sleep. Well, try to sleep. I sleep all day and am awake all night. My phone has been off but I logged into my Facebook account that I never use on my laptop just to message Dawn to tell her that Jack and I broke up and to tell the family and to leave me alone for a while while I process it.

I've made an appointment for the doctor for today and that's the only way Liam doesn't fret over me. He's been my rock this whole week. He lets me sleep and at night stays with me talking about random stuff, makes me laugh, and we play board games, video games and watch movies. Then he goes to school and all the pain comes back and I hate how reliant I am on Liam to give me some type of happiness. Liam reassured me that once I go to the doctor and get into therapy I'll start to make myself happy. Plus he hasn't complained when I didn't shower for four days nor complained about spending hours in the bathroom the next day usually all the hot water. Like I said he's been my rock.

The looks he gives me aren't out of pity. Since I've moved in, it's been the cafe look but nothing has happened between us. I did stink for a solid four days... anyway our relationship is strictly platonic.

Looking at the time on my phone, I see it's after ten am. My appointment is in an hour so I better get up. It's been two days since I shower but I just cannot make myself have one. So instead I slide on some clean clothes not bothering to see if they match. I walk into the kitchen grab my backpack and then open the fridge to grab a water bottle. Inside the fridge is a container with a note.

I smile at the note as I open the container

I smile at the note as I open the container. I cry out loud when I see what it is. He made my beef stroganoff, I told him it's my favourite meal.

"He's so sweet" I smile as I put some in a bowl and put it in the microwave. I've barely eaten and I did notice when I put my clothes on last week that they were loose on me and when I put them on today they were even looser. I'm not opposed to losing weight but I much rather do it in a healthy way.

I feel insanely guilty because I haven't cooked dinner since the day of the breakup and Liam has resorted to buying takeout again, he hasn't complained once and happily eats whatever he ordered. He always makes me a plate and doesn't pressure me to eat it. He causally encourages me and offers me a bite of his and I can't resist that beautiful smile of his.

I really appreciate the fact he's letting me grieve. Granted it's not healthy and hopefully it won't be a long-term thing but at this point in my life I need to sleep and not eat and feel horrible for myself. Liam did sit me down on day two and explain he was worried, he wouldn't pressure me into anything but after I told him I made a doctor's appointment he was satisfied that I was on the right track.