Fifteen

Finding out the truth is only half of it. It's what you do with it that matters.
-TRISTAN WILDS

~~

"That fucking cunt!" Lola yells as she walks into the living room. Dawn, Mum, Jett and I were watching TV but we all turn to stare at her in shock. Lola never swears. She believes in saving the trees and being once with earth and violence and swearing is a huge no-no to her philosophy.

"Are you good Lols? Like damn. I don't think I've ever heard you swear!" Jett laughs but the rest of us have concerned expressions. For Lola to break her philosophy something drastic happened.

"Have you seen what that bitch Brianna posted! She tagged Jack into it. He better not show his face around here again! I'll put my fist through it!" Lola declares as she sits forcibly on the couch making Jett bounce from the force, "he's a fucking idiot. He's blocked us all from seeing his wall on Facebook but the idiot didn't block my vegan account!"

"Show me," I tell her. Lola looks at me as her face softens.

"No Lottie. You don't need to see it. I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything. Please. You're doing so well with your mental health and healing. This will set you back" She has tears in her eyes and guilt engraved into her face.

"Whatever it is I'll handle it. I'll find out eventually. I rather be in the company of all of you than be by myself and come across it."

Lola gives me a quick nod and with shakey hands gives me her phone.

Brianna Larson: "Memories ♥️ fuck I love you"

I read the caption as I look at the photos. I should feel heartbroken over the photos of her and Jack being a couple but I feel nothing but relief that he isn't my problem anymore. I wonder if she knows that he keeps spamming me with calls and texts daily. I keep scrolling until I reach the last photo, it's a picture of Jack in the restaurant he used to work at in Piny Hills with Brianna, it's an old photo because Jack is back at his old body weight.

I don't understand... I thought they met at Augustbrook.

I tear my eyes away from the photo to read the caption.

"I thought you were just a chubby dork who watched superheroes! (yuckkk) but nope. You came back to me a fucking hottie. So lucky to have you @ JackAddie. We are forever baby. Me and you. XOXO

There are a few comments so I click on the comment section.

Claire Henson: came back to you? Gurllllll we need DETAILS!!!

Brianna Larson: Jack and I met during my stopover in Piny Hills during my road trip last year (GAG! Tiny backwards town. Don't even get started babes) he was a fat dork who served me at a restaurant. I saw the potential hottie he would be if he ditched the dorkness and lost the weight. I told him if he lost the weight and came to Augustbrook with me, I'll fuck him. and I WAS RIGHT! Have you seen my man now? He is soo hot. So when he turned up at Augustbrook two months later looking fine AF I kept to my promise and then some 🤤😏🫣

Lacey Becks: can confirm and he is good with his tongue 👅 talking of course for all you sickos! 😉

Brianna Larson: yes. That tongue 🫶🏼🤤

I'm going to be sick. I race to the bathroom and vomit up my dinner. I've been doing so well during my nine days here and haven't vomited once! Dawn and Mum are holding my hair and rubbing my back as they tell me reassuring words. I crawl over to Mum and lay my head on her lap. She's so sad for me but I can see the angry fire in her eyes. I see it in Dawn's too. I hear Jett yelling from the living room and Lola telling him to get into the garage and box it out.