Chapter 3: Meeting the Moonfall's

Ally

"I have to go and get some supplies for myself. I'll meet you two later." Jason then walks off taking out a sheet of paper from his pocket. I wonder how much is different between our letters but shake it off as I'm just so excited. I can't wait to explore!

I look around in awe as daddy leads me towards a bookshop. Some shops that catch my eye are a small one with brooms on display for those with the ability to fly on them, one with animals on display for magic pets, and another for repairing and replacing wands.

Wands are created specifically for their person and have a mind of their own. Witches and wizards don't choose their wands but rather their wands choose them. It was such a wonderful thing to have that wand for all your life. Momma still has his even though he can't use it. Someone with a magic hand can't use their wand but they keep it close anyway since it was so special to them.

"This is where we buy your school books. The school will have you buy more materials as the years go on. It all depends on what you're best at and what your teacher requests for you." Daddy explains and holds my hand firmly. "Maybe you'll be a great healer like your momma. I was better with offensive magic than anything else..." He grins sheepishly and rubs the back of his neck.

I giggle. Daddy was a bit hotheaded and quick to anger and fight. I hope I don't turn out like that at school! I want to make as many school friends as possible.

We enter the bookstore and it's packed with people of all ages. I look around and spot an older man with red hair and odd-looking purple eyes. It's really strange but he has a regal air about him and was very handsome like my daddy. I must have been staring because he soon catches my gaze and offers a warm smile.

Daddy notices my stare as well. "It's not polite to stare kiddo." I feel my face flush but daddy waves to the man. "Hey there, James! It's been a long time." James chuckles and nods. "That it has old friends. This must be the famous Alyssa I've been hearing about huh? Nice to meet you dear."

I nod and smile back my face feeling hot. "Yeah! You know my daddy?" James nods. "Oh yes, we go way back. We went to Raven's together though he was my junior and always got into so much trouble." Amusement gleams in those strange but pretty purple eyes which makes daddy scowl. "Oh, you'll never let that go..." I giggle as daddy pouts. James looks up when another man calls out to him from afar. "Looks like Neil got everything on my list. Have a great rest of your outing Alyssa." He winks and walks off. The way he says my name makes me giggle. He was such a nice man and I hope to see him again one day.

Daddy shakes his head and chuckles. "Seeing James brings back so many memories..." he looks so boyish with that grin on his face. I can't help but giggle at my silly and goofy daddy. He then snapped out of it because it was our turn.

I walk up with my daddy and look at the lady in excitement. She's short and round with a plump face but a friendly grin. "Hey there princess. I'm guessing your first year. I know exactly what you need, hold on." She says and goes into the back to get my books.

I look around and feel a sudden unease. The loud chaos in the bookstore suddenly goes completely silent and the air feels cold. I turn my head and freeze. A tall man was standing in the doorway wearing all black including a pointy black hat. His hair was dark brown, nearly black and his eyes made me shudder because they were just so black and dead-looking. He was a dark magic user for sure.

On both sides of him were two boys. The one on his left was just as dark as him. He looks like a big bully too with big arms and a dark scowl on his face as he observes everyone like we are all nothing more than bugs that he was going to squish under his feet. He had dark brown hair just like the tall man he was next to and dark green eyes. They were probably father and son and he was much older than I was.