Chapter 32: All According to Plan

Ally

The fact that anyone trusts Ariel is shocking enough. I know he has my godfather wrapped around his evil fingers, but momma too?! How stupid! I can't help but feel rejected by him. How could momma take his side over mine? He saw the same thing I did! Daddy trusts me so why can't momma too?

I glare at him while momma just frowns. "Don't give me that attitude." He scolds me and runs a hand through his bangs. "I've taught him all year. He has nothing but light magic in him. He couldn't have controlled shadows like this. And the Moonfall's aren't evil either. Silas is rude and set in his way... he may insult me and in turn, the Rose's but that doesn't mean he's evil."

I scoff and glare out the window. How can momma be so blind? Did Ariel... no Samson really charm momma? He must have done something to get them on his side! Momma, Jason... even Brandon! The thought just makes my blood boil. I want him to pay... I'm sure he even knows where my twin is!

Daddy frowns a bit. "It doesn't matter. We saw the shadows tending to him like they were friends... why would that be faked?" Momma looks over. "It's obvious. To frame Ariel and make everyone turn their backs on him." Daddy walks over and puts a hand on his shoulder. "Look... you're not thinking straight. Just because he shares our son's name doesn't mean..."

Smack! I'm shocked when momma slaps daddy hard. "Don't you dare bring that up!" His honey-colored eyes shimmer with tears. "How dare you, Phoenix... I should have never told you..." he then turns and storms out. "Shit..." daddy curses then rushes after him. "Akana!"

I sit there feeling stunned. Ariel... was what momma was going to name my twin? I feel like I'm seeing red. No way... he did this on purpose! I feel like throwing something and screaming. I'll make him pay for hurting momma and taking away my twin's name. Now I'm more certain than ever before... he must be working with the Dark One. How else could be have known?

----------------------------------------

Ariel

The next few days are a blur. They come and go while I stay locked in my room. Danny comes in and looks towards me with pity in his eyes, but he doesn't say a word. I feel like I'm back at the beginning of the year again isolated and bullied. I'm not allowed to leave until an investigation finishes either. With so many against me... won't they find me guilty?

After Ally's accusations, everyone turned their back on me. I don't know why the shadows acted that way... but it isn't something I did! The only ones still on my side... Jason, Brandon... and surprisingly Akana. His husband seems to believe Ally but then she is his daughter. She was attacked by shadows and those same shadows acted like they were my friends.

Underneath all the purring, I could hear laughter... but why would the Dark One target me of all people? Or was it the real minion? I have no clue. I'm not smart enough to figure things out. I'm no one special nor am I a threat so I don't get the point. Not that anyone seems to understand... maybe they think the way I act is all for show? I can almost hear their gossiping questions now.

What if he's pretending to be weak and shy?

Yeah, it makes no sense! He's a Moonfall who was somehow chosen to be a student of light!

It's always been fishy...

Once a Moonfall, always a Moonfall! Everyone knows they're evil!

Yeah, it's so obvious!

Evil freak! Monster!

I shudder and bring my knees to my chest. I'm not evil... I'm not a freak... I'm not a monster... I can hear Mother's voice in my head speaking with all the other voices. Maybe she's right. I'm just a freak who should have never been born... I'm a disgrace and an embarrassment... no wonder she hates me. Tears burn in the corners of my eyes and I bury my face into my knees. Why did I ever think I could fit in?