Chapter 22: Back to Raven's

Ally

Being back home is super fun but I also miss my friends. So as new years came and went, it was time to head back to school. Momma isn't as worried and sad this time but then he will also be returning as a teacher for Ariel. Daddy, however, is getting many kisses from both of us. He was grinning ear to ear this morning with momma blushing and scolding him. I always wonder what that means but I ignore it since it happens from time to time. Sometimes, adults are just so weird.

Once Jason takes us back to the gates, I look around feeling excited. Even after the stress of midterms, I can't wait to learn more! I don't see Chris or Scar outside, but I do spot Ariel and Brandon out in the yard talking and laughing having a good time together.

I did hear that Ariel was staying here at Raven's during Thanksgiving, but he seemed to be super happy right now just being with Brandon. I'm glad he has a great friend but also mad that his family didn't want him to go home. Why did the Moonfall's have to be so mean? I then spot Professor Moonfall and Simon appear in front of the gates. They both ignore Ariel, but he doesn't notice them. I'm glad about that! I hate seeing him so sad when they act like he doesn't exist.

"Hey Jason..." I hear daddy say and I look up curiously. My godfather tilts his head. "What is it, man?" He walks over to him. Daddy whispers to him and Jason frowns a bit his eyes darkening. They talk with each other quietly and I can't make out what they're saying. Hey no fair! I pout then notice they're looking at some with an odd look in their eyes. I follow their gaze and realize they're looking at Ariel. Why though? I don't get it.

If I ask, I know they won't tell me either. Maybe it's another weird adult thing... momma seems confused about it too but when he notices me looking up at him, he smiles. "Let's get you inside ok? I'm sure your friends are waiting for you there if they're not out here." He says and pats the top of his head. "Don't worry about them. Your daddy is probably talking about guy stuff with Jason." He shrugs and offers me a hand.

I reach out to take it then pause. I'm not a kid anymore. I'm thirteen years old! I smile up at him. "I'm not a kid anymore, momma." I say. He blinks in surprise then smiles sadly. Oh no! Did I make him upset? "That you are, Ally. You've grown up so fast... but you'll always be my baby girl." He says and leads me inside. I relax glad that momma isn't upset and follow him happily.

As I look around, I stop a familiar head of red hair. "Scar!" I call to her and wave. When she sees me, she grins happily and races over. "Ally! There you are!" She hugs me tightly making me giggle. "Scar! I can't breathe!" I whine so she pulls away still grinning big. Momma chuckles as he watches us. "You two are adorable." I blush a bit while Scar seems proud of it. Sometimes I think she has no shame at all. "Thanks, Mr. Rose! We are the best of friends after all!" She says proudly.

Momma only chuckles and watches the two of us with a warm smile. "Hey, girls!" I hear a familiar voice and see Chris coming over with a big smile. "It's good to see you again... eep!" She squeaks when Scar tackle-hugs her. I giggle softly. Scar is just so hyper and excited today! "I missed you two so much!" Scar says cheerfully and pulls back. Chris looks a bit dazed for a moment but she shakes her head soon after. "I missed you too. Both of you." She smiles cheerfully.

"Why don't you three go off and explore? I'm sure they still have a nice welcome-back feast still." Momma says and that makes Scar beam. "Great! Let's go!" She grabs our arms and drags us away. I laugh happily and go along with it.

We go back to our dorm room and start talking about our breaks. Scar went to France to visit her cousin and celebrate the holidays. Chris' father took her to visit his brother in the demon realm and they had fun there. They weren't related by blood but they grew up together and were as close as family. My holiday party seem so bland compared to theirs, but they're excited to hear that I'm thirteen just like them now.