Chapter 5: Accidental Encounters

Previously...

As you walk up to the food court, you see a familiar face.

'Is that...'

Kazuha quickly spots the girls and goes to walk over to them. You tell her that you'll catch up to her, and you go to see if you were right. As you walk up, you can see him on a laptop with a track layout on screen. This just further confirmed your suspicions.

Y/N: "Ah, Ryosuke, is that you?"

The man takes out his headphones and looks up at you in surprise.

Ryosuke: "Ah Fuji-. I mean Y/N, what are you doing here?"

Y/N: "I'm here because a couple of friends wanted to go to the mall and I got dragged along."

Ryosuke: "Where are they now?"

You look around the food court and spot the five girls, you caught Eunchae's gaze and she waved at you. You give her a wave back.

Y/N: "You see those girls over there? I'm with them."

Ryosuke: "I see..." smirks "I guess you're not a lonely driver anymore."

Y/N: "Yah! It's not like that."

Ryosuke: "I'm sure, regardless, don't let it affect you in the next race."

Y/N: "Speaking of the race, do you know anything about Minjun?"

Ryosuke: "I can't really find anything about the racers themselves, they keep it under wraps. But I heard that he drives a Nissan Skyline."

Y/N: "Hmm, never heard of it before. Oh, and why'd you name me Takumi."

Ryosuke: "It just seems like it'd suit you."

Y/N: "I should probably get going now."

Ryosuke: "Farewell Y/N, and we should go do some runs tonight."

Y/N: "I'll be there around one then."

Then you walk back to the girls and take a seat. Sakura hands you a sandwich and some iced tea.

Sakura: "Here Y/N, I got you these. I didn't know what to get you so I just got you what I got."

Y/N: "These look good, thanks Sakura."

You give her a smile and she smiles back. You turn your gaze to the rest of the girls, you can see Yunjin and Chaewon give you a look before going back to their own conversation. Kazuha starts up a conversation with Sakura. You go to take a bite of the sandwich Sakura gave you but you notice Eunchae staring at you.

Eunchae: "Oppa, who were you talking to?"

Y/N: "That's an old friend of mine, he was actually the leader of that project I told you about."

Eunchae: "Oooo really? What's his name?"

Y/N: "His name is Ryosuke."

You see Chaewon flinch a little at the name, then whisper to Yunjin.

'Shit, do they know who Ryosuke is? Well, they knew about me, or at least my nickname, and Ryosuke seemed pretty popular before.'

You hastily change the subject to what she did in the mall.

Y/N: "So what did you do with Sakura?"

Eunchae: "We just went clothes shopping and walked around a bit, we saw an arcade but sadly we had to leave."

Y/N: "Next time we come I can bring you there if you want."

Eunchae breaks out into a big smile.

Eunchae: "Really?"